jbthrock21

not cutting sharpe

i'm very new and have only been cutting for a very short time. i have acutally got a couple people wanting some stuff and i really want to get into the buisness but i'm having a problem....here goes

i have a uscutter mh871 34"   i download signblazer and i bought flexi starter 10 with i can't get to work and they are sending me another disk. i also downloaded inkscape.

i have copied some images from the internet and went thru inkscape to trace bitmap and was able to get them vectorized and cut the images and they look great.

heres the problem i got a small decal from a buddy and placed it on a piece of copy paper and scanned it. Brought it into signblazer and vectorized it using signblazer and then cut it. The decal is approx. 6 x 3  . The smaller letters are kind of jagged, not terrible but if you look up close you can tell. If you put it up beside the other decal that i scanned you can also see the difference. My question is.....is it software, offset in the cutter,the process that i used or scanner (HP deskjet f2430). I also tried putting it into inkscape and it done the same thing.

i know the mh 871 is a budget cutter and signblazer is free but i have cut a spongebob pic out (for my son) that was more complicated and it cut awesome. i also zomed in and looked at the nodes thinking i needed to smooth them up but it looks to me that they are just like i scanned. i dont know like i said i'm new and any help would be appreciated

thanks 

If a design has lettering you should find the font and recreate the design  with the font..  You only vector text as a last resort.    And depending on how small the lettering is, the  MH series may take a lot of tinkering, to get them to cut good.  That is where a higher end cutter would work better.  

Without seeing the file you are using to cut. Cannot give a good answer. 

Post your file in .eps  and let someone look at it.  If a copyright, then don't post it.

• Like 1

You will get more help if you post the file as an eps file.  Many people on here don't use Sighnblazer,  Including myself.    Export the file as an .eps, then post here.

Same here. Happy to take a look at the file and give you my opinion but don't want to install Signblazer just for that.

Your file is fine but you need a LOT more node editing to get it to cut smoothly. View your file in outline then zoom in on the letters/numbers and you will see how wavy the nodes are.

As Skeeter posted, text never turns out well when vectorized. You will need to find the fonts that were used and recreate it for best results.

Node editing all of that to get it to look right would take forever.

• Like 1

i went in and edited the nodes to staighten it up and made it look alot better but when i cut it, it seemed to cut the same way. I went back in and made sure i saved it and the one that i edited was the one i cut. I will have to say one thing the logo is all letters so thats probadly part of the problem. Another thing is i want to make the decal ina small size 6x3. So i dont know if that has something to do with it or if/when i do cut it bigger is it gonna look the same?    Heres another question i have flexi starter 10 coming in the mail and someone on here said that it accepts different files then signblazer. i know it's a starter program and very basic, is it a possibility that it would be better to load it into flexi and cut it from there? I haven't even loaded flexi starter on my computer yet so i have no idea what its all about?

Cutting is the reason I bought Flexi starter. I design in corel export eps for flexi to cut.

How jagged is the cut?  Could it be the stepper motors and/or belt tension causing a "jagged" cut?  

let me rephrase it....   the letters in question are small (approx 1/2 tall maybe alittle more) and the are nothing fancy. The are not square. For example the Es aren't square when you look close they are big at one end and taper off ate the pther end. i went in and edited the nodes to make it shape i deleted alot of nodes that made it look crazy. But when i re cut it , it still came out the same, i been reading anf maybe the text doesn't vectorize real well. i guess i just have to find a font really close and replace it

The MH I used to have could barely cut letters that small.