WSMC633

Couple Small Problems

Did you receive my email? haven't heard back.

Let me check.......what email address was it sent from?

Sent you a PM.  Didn't want to post my email address in the open ;)

Yep, got it and responded.

i'm having the same problem with the "waiting" being displayed on the cutter after each job.  I have to turn the cutter off, then back on in order to be able to use any of the buttons on the cutter.  I'm running the cutter with an Imac 2ghz machine with OSX 10.4.9

Any suggestions?  Is there something that I should be doing different in the signcut application it's self, or is this a cutter issue?

Thanks!

Well, the new board they sent to me was incorrect.  However, I've still been using the cutter because  I had some jobs that had to get done. Here is what I found out.... Just by random Trial and Error. 

After the cutter finishes a Job, you get a dialog on the screen that has options relating to 'Feed Forward for Cutting", "Stop after Cut" and "Cancel".  *note that may not be the exact wording... I'm not in front of the software right now.

Clicking "Stop after Cut" Seems to release the Cutter and the "Waiting" Message goes away.  However, anything else keeps it in the "Waiting" mode. This really seems like a driver problem to me.  It's not sending the right Data to close commands when they finish.  Or maybe it's waiting for a response from the cutter that it's not receiving. Either way, that seems to be working for me ok.

A little frustrating.... However no where near as frustrating as the problem I'm having now. 

For the Life of me I can't get this thing to Close all cuts and it's rounding some of the corners on Block fonts. Tried Offsets from 0.00 to .45 mm, tried all kinds of overcut settings.  Cleaned and oiled the blade, changed speed and pressure, tried different files, and fonts.  Very, very frustrating.  Any Idea Ken?

"i'm having the same problem with the "waiting" being displayed on the cutter after each job.  I have to turn the cutter off, then back on in order to be able to use any of the buttons on the cutter."

I was having this issue in SignCut, too. If you hit the "Reset cutter" button in SignCut, which is to the right of "Import" it seems to clear the "Waiting" status on the machine. If it goes back to the X and Y position on the panel, hit the "On Line" button again.