For whatever it's worth, I ant to begin this with the fact that I have ALWAYS received top notch CS from US Cutter, and enjoy doing business with them UNTIL....

Until I got "Chris" on the phone. He was rude, and contrary to his admission, not really very knowledgeable. All he wanted to do, any time I spoke, was chastise me, and let me know how stupid I was. Of course, I will admit, I am stupid, but I hardly believe that I am so stupid that I don't know what I am looking at. He said I didn't know what I was looking at!

The issue is "weed lines". The version of SCALP Pro 3, just started cutting weed lines, thru everything (nearly) without warning! No matter what I do, or try, nothing will stop it. So, I figured the thing to do was to call CS. Bad idea! Chris managed to take a bad situation, and make it even worse!

When I asked for another tech, he refused to allow me to speak with another tech! So, now what? I have already lost that customer (I'm sure), but how many more?

Does anybody know of another cut software?

I will STILL say, thank you US Cutter, I believe you are a great company, and enjoy doing business with you! Chris is only one employee, I understand that.

Post your file.. let someone here look at it. If they are real weed lines, they would show up on your layout screen before you cut.  How is your cutter connected>  USB?  If so, this can cause it. And that has been written about a zillion times on here.  Static also.. Is your cutter grounded to the stand, If you have a stand?  It must be.  Just being on USB can cause this...  Serial connection or Keyspan adapter is the way to go.  Once again a zillion times written.

US Cutter is not tech support for ScalpPro3..   Craftedge is...

No excuse for rude though....

• Like 1

there is no excuse for rude customer service but again like skeeter said they are there to sell cutters and troubleshoot connections - it is up to you to learn how to use the software and equipement.  If you buy a new dell computer Dell will not  teach you to build a spreadsheet.   craftedge is the company like skeeter said for software support - other than that reading.
again not wanting to be harsh nor excuse someones rudeness but if the cutter is connected to the computer and cutting USC has done what they will do.

Is that issue you get when the software has been registered online?  I seem to recall someone saying it would cut lines through your output until you entered your license key # - or something to that effect - feel free to ignore me as I don't use SCALP...  ;D, just read a lot on the forums...

You get that when it has NOT been activated......Buyers must first activate their Scalp pro3 before cutting with it...  I don't use it,  JUST read a lot also. 

Not knowing something is not stupid. That is ignorance, which can easily be cured. When I started out there were no forums and nobody would tell me anything.I had to figure it all out on my own and made every mistake there is. IN time, you will get it all.

• Like 3

It is important to me that everyone has a good experience and if I can assist in providing that I will. I take this stand with all facets of my life, regardless of the person I meet or the situation I am in, including work related situations.I am actually the person you spoke with this morning and I recall the extent of the conversation.

I verified the software and cutter were both functioning correctly and that the weeding line issue was part of the file itself, but it seemed that you were upset that the file itself had been modified by the other cutting software you had used. I do apologize that you saw the conversation differently, but I sensed that you were struggling with accepting the information I was giving. If you believe I intentionally caused you frustration over this issue, I'd like you to understand my apologies for being unclear. Sometimes I can be too direct about an issue and have caused some frustration.

I would like you to feel free to call back and ask for me or any other person and we would be more than happy to assist in troubleshooting. You can also speak with a manager if you'd like. I made them aware of the issue so we could help get this resolved for you.

Please let me know directly or publicly if there is anything I can do to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Chris

• Like 3

It is important to me that everyone has a good experience and if I can assist in providing that I will. I take this stand with all facets of my life, regardless of the person I meet or the situation I am in, including work related situations.I am actually the person you spoke with this morning and I recall the extent of the conversation.

I verified the software and cutter were both functioning correctly and that the weeding line issue was part of the file itself, but it seemed that you were upset that the file itself had been modified by the other cutting software you had used. I do apologize that you saw the conversation differently, but I sensed that you were struggling with accepting the information I was giving. If you believe I intentionally caused you frustration over this issue, I'd like you to understand my apologies for being unclear. Sometimes I can be too direct about an issue and have caused some frustration.

I would like you to feel free to call back and ask for me or any other person and we would be more than happy to assist in troubleshooting. You can also speak with a manager if you'd like. I made them aware of the issue so we could help get this resolved for you.

Please let me know directly or publicly if there is anything I can do to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Chris

I have NO problem with US Cutter whatsoever. And yes, I understand the concept that Craftedge made the software. I also understand that the software has to be registered, and ALL that! The software was working perfectly. It just started doing strange things. As far as the other software, I tried to tell you that this issue was going on BEFORE the other software. There were several files it would not accept, and several it would. Same format, but refused to read only one of them. Example file 1 in PDF format, read and cut. File 2, in PDF, it won't read OR cut. It was suggested (by a us cutter tech) that I save it in a SVG, or any other readable file. That worked, for a while. But today, I was informed that, that didn't matter. Ok, my main issue today was weed lines, but I was told that those weren't weed lines. Ok, I don't really care what they are called, but when I start weeding those cuts thru my text is preventing me from being able to weed. But, then I am told that I'm not looking at cuts thru my text. Just one big circle, with me being chastised (quite often), and even more time wasted.

Chris, I would suggest to you that, if you want to be a psychologist, you are in the wrong business. In my case, if you had bothered to listen to my problem, instead of deciding that you needed to fix my attitude, perhaps my issue could have been resolved. As far as me calling back, you said you were the only tech there. Those calls are supposed to be recorded. I would suggest you review that call.

Why would I want to make the person mad, that I am asking for help?

"You can catch more flies with honey, than you can vinegar"

I AM sorry! I am very aware that there ARE customers that may need their attitudes adjusted. I am also aware that I HAVE been one of them ( I am human). I don't believe that I was one of them today. But, I AM looking at it from my point of view, also.

I read what the USC Support typed several times & did not find where any " attidtude adjustment " was talked/typed about .... let alone him deciding that your's needed adjustment . Sometimes we all won't/don't accept the correct answer to our question . I understand that from both sides standpoint in my own experiences . I have told some people if they want me to answer to what I consider correct , I will .. If they want me to say what they want to hear .. I would like to , but can't be incorrect just to console somebody . 1 thing I know is if you are speaking of SignBlazer ( previous software ) , it won't accept newer EPS files & is getting more quirky as time goes on . SCALPro is not getting much attention from EdgeCraft on this forum ( quite unlike when SignBlazer became USC's packaged software ) . If SignBlazer does not do it for you , I suggest using InkScape & importing into SCALPro for cutting .

Reminds my of the saying, "I could see things your way but then we'd BOTH be wrong!" (Just trying to add a little levity)

• Like 3

Rodger, I believe you would understand my point, had you been in on the call. I was allowed about 8 seconds to try to explain my issue, and then I was, basically told to keep quite! As of this very second, I would wager that Chris really has NO IDEA what my problem really is. Sure, he can read, I am sure, and he MAY be able to fumble around and say a few of the twenty words I was allowed to say, but he never allowed me to explain my issue.

As far as the "other" software, I ONLY mentioned it, because I would have wanted to know about that, had I been in HIS place. However, even I would have understood that there is NO WAY the "other" software could be the issue, considering that my issue really began BEFORE it was ever even installed! He wouldn't know that, because I wasn't allowed to tell him that. I am done with the entire issue!

There was a simple difference of opinion, and I vented. I never meant to make anybody mad, but I just won't deal with THAT tech again. I would recommend US Cutter to anyone! I believe they have the best prices, and the best CS I have ever dealt with. There are bumps even in new asphalt!

Skrekrow, I have never heard that one before, but I sure do like it! Just like the lead paint chips, posted earlier!

• Like 1

That is a cool perspective :thumbsup: . Like you say , not actually being in on the call eliminates everybody but you & the USC tech from giving an un-biased opinion . Sometimes emotions and moods take a conversation off course , especially on some days . :)

Yeah, Rodger that is correct. I really do wish things hadn't went the way they did, because I really didn't need to lose that customer, but it will all work out. It isn't the end of the world. Thanks to everyone that offered the suggestions, and tried to help! :blink:

Hey Galaxy , I appreciate you posting all this in a mature way . It is the best way to resolve and or improve things . I am sure everybody will benifit more than just sweeping it under the rug so to speak . I have started out in similair ways with people I consider close friends ... NOW :)

• Like 1

Well, there is no sense in being all worked up about things! Life is just a journey anyway. no sense in all the drama, and BS! If he was a good customer he will understand, and if he wasn't I probably don't need his business, anyway! As far as Chris, I just happen to believe we caught each other at a bad moment. We are both human, and all that!

It's all good, and will only get better, if we will allow it! I feel I am a better person for having "met" as it were, the friends I have met here on this forum, as well as at US Cutter! Sam in Memphis, is as good a person as I have ever done business with!

• Like 1

Well, there is no sense in being all worked up about things! Life is just a journey anyway. no sense in all the drama, and BS! If he was a good customer he will understand, and if he wasn't I probably don't need his business, anyway! As far as Chris, I just happen to believe we caught each other at a bad moment. We are both human, and all that!

It's all good, and will only get better, if we will allow it! I feel I am a better person for having "met" as it were, the friends I have met here on this forum, as well as at US Cutter! Sam in Memphis, is as good a person as I have ever done business with!

great advise for all galaxy!

• Like 1

I think we are certainly allowed some stubbornness as humans, but learning to accept each other and move on together is the only way we can reach a better place. I am glad you were able to find answers here, and maybe someday you can talk to me again and we can better understand each other. Again, I apologize if we misunderstood each other in any way and look forward to speaking with you again :)

Thanks,

Chris

• Like 2

Life is just a journey anyway. no sense in all the drama, and BS! 

I always call life " an adventure " .. never know where it is going to take you or what you are going to have to deal with . I appreicate both of the people's invovled , mature & intelligent comments !!! :thumbsup:

Chris, I am sorry as well. I did allow my emotions to creep in, and that is not good business. I am sure we will be working together again. Probably soon, if I know me! Have a wonderful week, and keep up the good work! Thank you for your assistance, by the way.

• Like 2

Did the problem get solved and what caused the problem to begin with i.e. "weedlines"?

The issue was never actually resolve, however I finally found a work around. I have reason to believe that it is a simple cross file issue. Meaning that I believe I have inadvertently saved the same file(s) in different formats. I have not yet corrected THAT issue, but I haven't had the problem again, either.

• Like 2

can you post the file so someone can look at it. I know if the software isn't registered it does that. also when you go to cut the file choose cut by color and you should get a separate box at the end that's the weed line box. If you don't see that then its in your file and you would need to redo that file. if you do see it then delete it in your layer's titled weeding. or you can select cut each job separately and when it comes to the weeding box just skip it.