Sign in to follow this  
knockonwood

mud gards atl braves ?

I need new mud guards for my truck. I thought a good way to show off my work and what I can do Is put "GO BRAVES" on them. I know some of you probably have done things like this before. My first question is would you use oracal 651 or is there something better to use? The second question is if I use my own font would it be legal or copyright.

If anything I would think trademark if it's registered.

They have a trademark on the word braves which funny since there are several teams with braves in their name.

They went after Disney, google go braves trademarks and it comes right up. But Disney has money and I think they wanted a little pc. of it.

I would think you can cut ANYTHING as long as it is for yourself (i.e. you can't sell or even give them away).  Now there would be limits where you could use them, but personal use would fall under being a FAN.

I'm not saying don't do it, just pointing out fact. If I was a fan I'd do it.

I read a article that said you cannot trademark a word but you can trademark the word only in the way the word is spelled which I assume that is the font. As long as I make it myself I am pretty sure it is legal. I would like to sell it if customers ask for it. is oracal 651 a good vinyl to use for this application remember they will probably get pretty hot in the summer sun.

Legal aside, Im not sure 651 would take the abuse. granted its ok for outdoor application but are you referring to mud flaps? or more of a fender "flare"?

I am talking about the things that go behind your tires. I have always called them mud guards but mud flaps are the same thing. Please excuse my misspell I was typing on my phone. Should I use oracal 751?

I doubt either is gonna stick around long on that flexible material. Personally, I'd make a stencil and spray paint it on.

If the material is smooth and cleaned well I belive it would probably adhere . I belive I would use 751 the cast is more flexible . I would not worry about copyright if the font is changed just a little .

One fell off a few weeks ago I don't know where it felt off at. The other one is a hard plastic that bends a little bit. So if I can find some more like that I think it would work. 

By the way I have been a Braves fan for 25 years or more through the bad years and through the good . They look good this year......so far lol

The braves are awesome this year. I have two favorites this year BJ and Justin.

I have a great idea I could put "#8 GO BRAVES"  on one side and put "#2 GO BRAVES"on the other side" I would make a killing selling those.

mabscotthandyman what color oracal would you use?

The braves are awesome this year. I have two favorites this year BJ and Justin.

I have a great idea I could put "#8 GO BRAVES"  on one side and put "#2 GO BRAVES"on the other side" I would make a killing selling those.

mabscotthandyman what color oracal would you use?

The Braves colors are garnet red and navy blue. If you have a oracal chart pick the closest matchs.