Kelleybell123

Trying To Make Arched Text Look Right...Please Help

I dont know if this the right section so I will post it in both but,Im trying to make the top "flow" as good as the bottom of this sign for our church. I asked on the scal website & someone gave me this pic back & replied " I drew a new circle that fit the bottom curve and manually moved the upper letters into position. Here is a pic of your file with my new circle showing it is out of round. So you can fix this one or start over with a perfect circle."

Im wondering if one of you would be so kind as to "fix" this for me. My husband has tried & just cant get it to "look" right. It looks lopsided unbalanced just plain wrong. Id sure appreciate any help anyone can give :)

post-24713-0-71533600-1370168179_thumb.p

Hmmmmmm, there's certainly some serious problems there, for sure.

For one thing, when having text follow an arc (which is a different thing than Arched Text) you've got to kern out the letter spacing to allow for the curvature, so they don't collide with each other.

Secondly, be aware there's simply more letters to "Christian Counseling" than there are in "Graceful Path" so you have to be careful trying to put them onto the same diameter of circle, otherwise they'll run into each other.

In my example illustrated here, in order to make the top part and bottom part line up, I needed to follow the arc of different diameter circles on each one, due to the amount of letters not being equal.

Thirdly, this process needs to be done by the program automatically, and not the user (by trying to drag them onto a circle one letter at a time).

I am not familiar with the features/functions of SCALpro, but this is called "text follow arc" in the program I'm working with (SignBlazer)

And lastly, the font you've chosen isn't very attractive for a ministry, but that's a design decision you'll have to discuss with the client.

post-21408-0-80025900-1370172822_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yeah weve watched that video & still cant get it. The guys at the church want the font that we're using theyre putting it on a window so they think just a plain old font would be easier read than others thanks though ( I like yours better myself :) )

What do you mean "You can't get it" ??  Why not? 

If you want to Get It, then install and run SignBlazer Elements, and it will happen quick and easy, like magic.

http://www.mystat.com/Signblazer.zip

As for the font, since you have to keep it,  at least use ALL CAPS for the Graceful Path, and U/L for the Christian Counseling.

I'm having the same trouble getting my arched text to look right... in both MTC and SCALP.  I'll give it a go in SB.  Maybe I'll have better luck!

I may be able to talk them into using this font.  What font is this?  I will need to add the horizonal text.

Thanks 

Hmmmmmm, there's certainly some serious problems there, for sure.

For one thing, when having text follow an arc (which is a different thing than Arched Text) you've got to kern out the letter spacing to allow for the curvature, so they don't collide with each other.

Secondly, be aware there's simply more letters to "Christian Counseling" than there are in "Graceful Path" so you have to be careful trying to put them onto the same diameter of circle, otherwise they'll run into each other.

In my example illustrated here, in order to make the top part and bottom part line up, I needed to follow the arc of different diameter circles on each one, due to the amount of letters not being equal.

Thirdly, this process needs to be done by the program automatically, and not the user (by trying to drag them onto a circle one letter at a time).

I am not familiar with the features/functions of SCALpro, but this is called "text follow arc" in the program I'm working with (SignBlazer)

And lastly, the font you've chosen isn't very attractive for a ministry, but that's a design decision you'll have to discuss with the client.

That was a standard installed font from SignBlazer ----

Rocco.

I highly suggest you try using SignBlazer, it's a snap.

• Like 1

i need to watch that video. If i can remember when i get off work. :-\ @ 3 in the morn.