Sign in to follow this  
jbthrock21

HELP QUICK!! flexi starter 10 install

i bought a copy of flexi starter 10 off ebay and received it today and i plug the key up and then it says put a disk in. when i do it searches but it say it can't install because it can't find corrert software.  what do i need to do?   Did i get ripped? can i download a driver?   any help would be appreciated     also i have a flexi password and user id that came with the disk

i bought a copy of flexi starter 10 off ebay and received it today and i plug the key up and then it says put a disk in. when i do it searches but it say it can't install because it can't find corrert software.  what do i need to do?   Did i get ripped? can i download a driver?   any help would be appreciated     also i have a flexi password and user id that came with the disk

You must first install the software per the instructions.  You don't put the USB dongle in, until you have installed the software and your password.   Your USB dongle is your security for your password.  The USB dongle is the LAST thing you install.

Go to start on your computer, > My computer, and click the cd/ dvd drive and install it..  If the dvd doesn't work then contact  SAI tech support.  It's on your paperwork..  Make sure your cd/dvd drive works and the dvd is clean and no scratches.  Shouldn't have any if new. 

If you want support from SAI, make sure you register your software with SAI. 

• Like 1

ok thanks i'm guessing something is wrong with the disk. i bought it used so i dont know if they made a copy or what happen but i guess i won't be working with it this weekend thanks for the help

Does it have the Green Flexi 10 label on it?    You can contact SAI on the weekends,  they have great tech support.  Wash the disc and wipe dry.. does it look scratched up?   SAI may be able to give you a downoad link, it you provide your user ID.. 

yea it's got green label and the back looks great .   i tried calling the number but it says office is closed  only mon-fri   do you know  another tech line

yea it's got green label and the back looks great .   i tried calling the number but it says office is closed  only mon-fri   do you know  another tech line

email tech support  go to their website.    support

yea i done that i dont think they are open on the weekends. i was hoping someone else had ran into the same problem and knew something i could do.   thanks for the help

yea i done that i dont think they are open on the weekends. i was hoping someone else had ran into the same problem and knew something i could do.   thanks for the help

I have gotten email support on the weekends.  They are world wide.    Not much any one else can do without the software installed..  If you don't want it, contact your seller and tell them it doesn't work,  Have you tried seeing if the disc will work in  another computer?  such as a friend?.  

i really appreciate all your help.  seems like you are a veteran. is flexi starter 10 good, bad, ok?    all i have messed with is signblazer which isn't terrible but its free and sure cuts alot pro which came with my cutter.  which is the best in your opinion? a guy that i know is gonna give me corel draw or something like that if he can find the disk   give me your opinion on that also if you don;t mind

i really appreciate all your help.  seems like you are a veteran. is flexi starter 10 good, bad, ok?    all i have messed with is signblazer which isn't terrible but its free and sure cuts alot pro which came with my cutter.  which is the best in your opinion? a guy that i know is gonna give me corel draw or something like that if he can find the disk   give me your opinion on that also if you don;t mind

I have only used Flexistarter since 2006   And Illustrator CS2,  Inkscape.org     has everything I need.

and this is what they will tell you:   message from  forum admin...  That is what I told him to do....

Hello,

Please send us an email to esupport@ThinkSAi.com with the key number\ user ID, Flexi version and we will send you a link for the download.

Best regards,

I bought Flexi starter 10 off ebay and I bet from the same seller a couple weeks ago and it installed no problems It is barebones hence the name starter but what it does it does well.

I bought Flexi starter 10 off ebay and I bet from the same seller a couple weeks ago and it installed no problems It is barebones hence the name starter but what it does it does well.

The OP said he bought his used.... was yours used? 

He listed as used but it looked new when I got it. At that price there's only 1 that I saw selling on ebay.

Had to got through the registration process when it installed and everything was smooth sailing.

as I recall the only problem I had installing was having to remember to install the sentinal drivers before install

He can't get the disc to run...from what I understand.   So I told him to contact SAI for a download link.   They sent me a link before, Which I have saved.  But it is not for what he has...

at least open the disc in windows exporere and look for a setup or install file

this is their comment below    I tried....

"

"i put the disk in and nothing happens.  i'm new so any help would be great"

sounds like they don't know how to open the files on the disc to look  . . . this could need popcorn before the year is over if that is the case

Are you saying that your computer didn't even recognize that there was a disc in there, or it just sat there with no 'autorun' happening?