Sign in to follow this  
TimnAng

Yard Sign Question(s)

I spent a while reading back on quite a few old posts about what to use on yard signs, etc.  Lots of great information, as always!  But I still have just a few questions that either weren't covered, or I missed along the way.

I had someone contact me about doing advertising on 5 of their work trucks (both sides each truck) and 10 double sided yard signs.  This is the first job of this type, that we've been asked to work up a design and quote for, so I'm trying to research everything as much as possible.  

Question #1-  She asked for "Standard" yard sign size.  In your experience, what would you consider standard in this situation?  (It's for a tree trimming company, if that makes a difference).

#2-  I'm looking at the white corrugated plastic from USCutter, and am wondering if those are thick enough that I'll be able to use cut vinyl on both sides, without it showing through from side to side?

#3-  The description says that it's perfect for "temporary" signage.  What exactly do they consider temporary?  I don't want this to last a few weeks and end up junk.  

Thanks, as always!

Basic sign I would think or atleast I have been asked to do is 18x24" however I know there's the smaller ones like they use for elections. #2 I have never had an issue with coroplast showing the other side. The only way I see this happening is if the sun gets even with it. Double sided Coroplast signs are great.

#3 temporarily means not for months beyond months to yrs, I don't think any yard sign is eternal. The plastic breaks down with the sun beating on it.

The way it sounds is they want a sign they can put into a persons yard so people know that they are doing the job.

It looks like USCutter is a decent way to go as far as the signs themselves, but I don't want to have to order 50 of the wire stakes.  Is there anywhere that sells the stakes individually or in smaller quantities?  If this works out for us, buying extra is great, but not knowing if I'll have the need for more, I'd rather just buy what I need (even if it costs a little more) than have a bunch of extra product kickin' around.  Space is limited, folks!  lol

I usually get mine front he local supplier. The only thing I can come up with for you is check eBay or buy the 50 sell therest on here or eBay.

Thanks for your help!  I'll check Wensco- they have a warehouse near us, that's where I used to get out vinyl, before finding USC.  

Not sure on smaller qty but mumpower supply has great specials on coro and stakes now and then.  wensco and advantage would be good places to check in Michigan - also alpine sign and supply in Lansing has some great prices and service for smaller shops

Doesn't Home Depot carry some?  I know they have premade corro signs, yard sale etc

Yellow sign blanks helps to minimize light (sun) bleed through, but doesn't eliminate it entirely. In applications exposed to direct sunlight one approach I've used is to make one side a negative of the other, In other words lay a background of a dark color with light colored text on one side and dark text with raw coroplast on the other.

• Like 1