Sign in to follow this  
FNG

My first project / gift

When I my vinyl cutter arrived at my door a few weeks ago, my wife wasn't very happy. She had absolutely NO idea why I would make such a purchase & saw it as "another large toy that's going to take up space"... I explained to her I've always wanted a vinyl cutter, but never really thought I could get my moneys worth out of one... but I'd prove to her that it was a worthwhile investment. (I hope I can.)

The 1st thing I did with the vinyl cutter was start designing a set of 4 stemless wine glasses for my mother's birthday. The two things she loves (besides her family) are Merlot & the character Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty... so the idea for "Merlotficent" wine glasses was born. Between the time spent on the designs in Adobe Illustrator, cut time, weeding, re-cutting & fighting to properly fit the vinyl on the glasses and etching, I believe the entire set took me 30 hours total. 

Think she'll like 'em?

post-40320-0-18484500-1370008564_thumb.p

Nice job!

The only thing you messed up was you should have done something for HER mom first. ;D

• Like 3

thanks, everyone... I can't wait until they're delivered, tomorrow. :) 

Nice job!

The only thing you messed up was you should have done something for HER mom first. ;D

:blink: 
LMAO.... You are SOOOO right about that.

• Like 1