Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Severe storms no work.

You kids....I got me a TI-99-4A souped up with a data-5.25 disk drive single sided, video is a sweet 10" RGB commodore monitor, TI-99-4A runnin 16k on brd mem with a 5meg hard drive, now you all know I am smok'in now...OOOHHHweee >>> Cant touch dis.....

Wow, Petro.... that takes me back to 1992, was it? I had a Nice Commodore 128!

No hard drive, though... was all done off floppy discs!

I sold mine and bought a PC... Windows 3 point something was on it. WOWEEEEE!

I remember keeping those Icons lined up so straight... cause I didn't DO ANYTHING on it... hahaha

(til I got Adobe Photo Deluxe... Then my whole world changed!)

Ok..Ok...My first was in 1981.... Timex Sinclair...Had it 2 days ..Made that ball bounce around doing basic script(programing) and took it back to Albertson"s and went to computer store in Jacksonville lookin for something better....

My wife still kids me about typing code for  2 hours just to watch 10 seconds of pixelated fireworks!

A TI -99 wow that's was my families first computer, we had one for homework typing and one to play games.I remember the cheap voice but that was the cooliest if you had that. Baseball voice command and terry the turtle. I think we still have one somewhere too not sure though. I still have the original NES does that count lol.

Old? There are 10yr olds who smoke me on PC's these days....I buy barebone units from Tiger Direct and put the dam thing together as I know what I want in Mem and Graphic, run 3 separate 2-tb external hd on primary sys because of 3D option programing with Bryce and Poser, gave up on AutoCAD and Maya as they keep jacking the price when up grades come around... The 2 units in garage(for 2 vinyl cutters) are 8-giger units with simple but high end graphics since I rely on Adobe and Illustrator for vinyl cutting and design capabilities...Games went out with Atari and so on...

I really only see diff from 16 to 32 when I have huge or multiple PS files open. Ripping taxes my processor, really not ram. Otherwise it is kinda overkill but works flawlessly. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised that taxes your CPU ripping only uses half of each cell and that's not all at once. Even video authoring it barley uses it.

Pretty much hogs all resources if the file is big enough. Pandora will stop and everything will crawl while it is ripping a file such as a wrap anything big if it is detailed and not just created within flexi.

I use a separate computer for the printer so the design software never uses any resourses when ripping ;D

• Like 1