Definately going old school - we have a gas grill we use all the time but wanted a charcoal grill also - after looking at a lot of them  - ordered one of these - will take 2 weeks before shipment but think it will last a little while!  anyone else have the heavy duty version?  I figure buy it once and done.

www.pilotrock.com/park_grills/premier_series.htm

DSC_5400.jpg

• Like 2

I'd say that could end up being an heirloom piece. Put themselves out of business cause you'll never need to buy another 1.

• Like 1

I hope so - it is • All-welded firebox and grate construction. No rivets or bolts. Grill firebox is fabricated from 3/16" thick (7 ga.) steel. Cooking grate is constructed using 5/8" dia. perimeter and handlebars and 1/2" dia. center bars. All grate bars are welded on both sides.

I looked at it and thought about what it would take with my mig welder and material and decided it would be twice as much to try and make one myself. That thing is a tank.

we used to have a couple of webers growing up - I like the idea of this one cement in the pole - it swivels and will go in the landscape rocks off a brick walk leading off the patio - out of the way  but there when we need it and it won't be rusting out like our gas grills do on a regular basis.  We will always have a gas one also but like the taste from the charcoal when we take the time.  I figure this one will be set it and forget it for a lot of years to come

There is o flavor like a charcoal grill. Memorial Day between the rain drops I grilled some johnsonville brats and hamburgers and they tasted great. I always felt cooking on a gas grill is like cooking inside.

true to an extent on the gas - biggest thing is don't clean them like new every time - you need that "stuff" to give it flavor

Still love the charcoal though and cooking over wood fires - someday I will add a heavy grate to our burn pit

That's added flavor on the charcoal grill too. People' are like I clean it that old stuff is going to make you sick...I'm Still here and feel great.

• Like 1

LOL,,  does it come with the remote control  to make all those parts move like in the 2nd picture on the site?   Ha, ha...

No - it is pure old school like you might have used in state and national parks since we were kids.  Just plain heavy duty

I have one of those grills it is at least 28 years old. It is as sturdy now as it was when it was set in the ground.

• Like 1

lol nice nothing better than shrooms.... Wait what? Anywho still I would get there for a good ole BBQ with other forum members.

- will be late july before the bbq - graduation, trip then graduation party when we get back - going to be very busy for about 6 weeks.

they are killing the morels in wisconsin  - you should be out there looking!