Sign in to follow this  
krashbandit

Replacement for Allen Datagraph 224

Forgive me but I'm a bit ignorant to what's out there right now.  We've had an Allen Datagraph 224 for around 15 years and it finally gave up on us.  As I was looking for replacements, I noticed there are a LOT of options out there and the owner says he wants something at least on par with our old unit.  Any thoughts on what would be "just as good" without wasting money?  We don't use it that often anymore but it's nice to have around.  Thanks for any advice!

I looked up Allen Datagraph and it's just a regular plotter.

This same plotter technology has been around since the 1960's, and it's not all that complicated.

For a company that is not really using a vinyl cutter very much ("we don't use it that often anymore...") and all they need is a unit to sit around in case they have to run something through now and then, I would say that an expensive Roland or Graphtec is overkill.

Any USCUTTER midrange machine would suit them just fine, IMO.

The TC probably is enough.  $600 with stand  (31")

Thanks for the advice.  We are a small company but when we were even smaller we used to make our promotional vinyl cut stickers on the A.D. 224.  Now we outsource most of the sticker production and only make 10-20 vinyl decals per year on the machine...mostly custom one-off stuff.  The owner keeps it in his office and wants a "good" unit even though it doesn't get used much.  I just don't want to waste too much money on something we don't need....I'll check out that TC model.  $600 won't kill us:)