Coaster36

*DING* Orders up

I dont usually show my work but decided to show this job I just did for a new customer. I had been meaning to stop in at this dive shop down the road to look at some new dive gear, and got to talking to one of the employees about their sticker line, All printed, pretty generic dive stuff. Well he told me to come back and talk to the owner. I came back with a few samples and she ended up buying a few of the designs. I charged way to little but I think she'll be a repeat customer and I still made money in the end. 

All bagged up ready for the store, I just need to punch holes so they can hang.

post-23799-0-94214500-1369842734_thumb.j

Looks good....did you make the packaging label also or something they supplied?

I did it all. Once I get my CIS kit, Ill do a more colorful label. 

Very sharp!  I think I need to start doing something similar for my retail items!  Right now I'm just putting them in plastic zipper top bags with a printed label, but I think your way looks a lot more professional.  They have a bulletin board at my retail location with one of each design on display and they keep the bagged decals lying flat behind the counter.

I stopped in an animal feed store over the weekend.  It's located in the next county over and I'd driven by it several times and decided it was high time to check it out.   Hanging on a rack near the back of the store were several decals that were obviously not done by someone with your standards of care and appearance.  They had no brand name on the back of the liner, so I'm guessing they were house brand vinyl and packaging consisted of punching a hole through the app tape and liner and hanging it on a peg hook.   That was it.  No labels, no install instructions, no plastic bag, nothing but the decal.  They had the Browning deer logo cut in gold, a Mossy Oak logo in white and several white tail deer designs in red or white.  The Mossy Oak and Browning (aside from the obvious copyright issues) were large enough that they were bending down the center under their own weight and weren't clearly visible unless you manually lifted the corners - I wish I had taken a picture, it was really sad.

Truth is that you're only adding a few cents per item and you're providing a product with a higher perceived value, allowing you to charge more and more than make up for those few cents!

Great Local marketing....  You may get other local referrals from this....

I got a great deal on an impulse sealer on Craigslist. I paid 40 bucks and the thing was brand new, came with a new heating strip and a huge roll of the bag material. Probably 300 yards of bags. I think it's already paid for its self.

• Like 1

Nice job Andrew, very professional looking.

Nice Job! What font did you use for the dive life? It looks awesome

Its a combination of a few fonts. Thanks

be careful selling anything _____ LIFE because Salt life protects their loge!!

Looks great! I use to print model decals had to package them and create labels. The thing I found out is don't make the packaging to flashy use brighter reds and yellows etc and don't put too much on it. My sales went flying when I did that. Only reason I stopped doing them alps ink shot up too much I price and harder to get.

Salt life protects salt life. I read somewhere that they actually encouraged free thing on the subject just don't like it when you mess with their salt like logo. Besides its pretty hard to say you own the rights to life unless its done in their font or direct styling. Toys r us tried to sue everybody who used a backwards letter in their name and basically got laughed out of court.

Would like to know what you are using for the bags and printed tops also. I would love to do this with my merchandise also, mine are in a ziplock bags right now too.

For the tags it's just card stock printed on my workforce and folded in half and stapled.

The bags came with my impulse sealer. I have a ton of it so I won't be ordering it anytime soon and I don't know what it's called in case I had to. But I'm sure a quick Google search would point you in the right direction. If I was home I would help you out.

The bags look very professional. Is it then and easy to rip or thick? They sell tube bags is that what it is?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="knockonwood" data-cid="314271" data-time="1369964982"><p>

The bags look very professional. Is it then and easy to rip or thick? They sell tube bags is that what it is?</p></blockquote>

Yeah it's a huge tube that's rolled up. I pull some off cut it and then seal one end. Put whatever you want inside and seal the other end. Next time I'm going to use the tag to seal the top of the bag I think. Save some time and I don't think it's needed.

Looks great!  This is what hubby and I were talking about doing, for our smaller decals as well, we just weren't exactly sure how to go about it.  I wouldn't do it for all orders, but it definitely looks nice if you're able to get into a retail type situation!