Hallman

Help making this more cutter friendly?

I'm getting a little better. Still learning. I'm trying simplify this image so that it is smoother to cut and weed. Everyone seems to want this jagged type graphics. It's a headache for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Logo-Final eps.eps

You'll never be able to weed that.  your plotter will take forever to cut this also.  I would suggest finding a different font and redrawing the running figure making it solid.

I quickly did something, don't know if you'll like it or not.   Just trying to illustrate what could be done.

post-24657-0-50225000-1369812638_thumb.j

Hikers Hustle.eps

• Like 1

You'll never be able to weed that.  your plotter will take forever to cut this also.  I would suggest finding a different font and redrawing the running figure making it solid.

I quickly did something, don't know if you'll like it or not.   Just trying to illustrate what could be done.

Thanks Doug. I grabbed your design. They don't want many of these but there is no way I'm cutting and weeding the design they sent. Your design looks good. I may offer it and see what they think or totally redesign as you suggested.

Thank you so much!

Jeff

You're welcome,  Glad I could help.

• Like 1

This is typical of the type of thing we vinyl cutting guys (and gals) face all the time, as customers hand us their logos & designs they want reproduced, not realizing the requirements of vector outlines & silhouettes.

Basically, people think mainly in terms of printed materials ---  raster imaging has become the standard in a logo designer's world.

Even most .eps designs today are pretty much only practical for raster-based reproduction methods (i.e. - printing), even though they technically are vectors.

Sign-making has evolved from hand painted texts, into computer-cut lettering during the 1980's (vinyl cutting) and now it's mainly printing that rules. Just go to any Signage trade show, and the printer machines are the primary focus, no question.

wide_format_printer.jpg

• Like 1

This is typical of the type of thing we vinyl cutting guys (and gals) face all the time, as customers hand us their logos & designs they want reproduced, not realizing the requirements of vector outlines & silhouettes.

Basically, people think mainly in terms of printed materials ---  raster imaging has become the standard in a logo designer's world.

Even most .eps designs today are pretty much only practical for raster-based reproduction methods (i.e. - printing), even though they technically are vectors.

Sign-making has evolved from hand painted texts, into computer-cut lettering during the 1980's (vinyl cutting) and now it's mainly printing that rules. Just go to any Signage trade show, and the printer machines are the primary focus, no question.

wide_format_printer.jpg

Unfortunately, It will be awhile before I own something like this. Thanks for the info!