gsxr600

Cutting gaskets???

I Searched the site and found www.gasketsondemand.com And was wondering how to download the files so I could cut them?? Im using sure cuts alot pro, and ive downloaded the free version of corel draw... when I click download and save or open it tries to open the file in adobe and says its not a supported file type.. Im not the smartest with computers just trying to teach myself with ALOT of help on here.. Thanks

Right click on the file and select open with, choose what program you want to use.

Thanks for the help, I tried in corel and it says format not supported??? Im sorry if these are stupid questions but I really am out of my elements on with this stuff. What do you recommend I open the file with??? thanks,

You will need Gerber proprietary software to open that.... I can't help with it. Sorry.

From http://www.file-extensions.org/gd1-file-extension

"The GD1 file extension is generally related to one of the many Gerber formats.

A Gerber File is a file format used by printed circuit board manufacturing machines to layout electrical connections such as traces, vias, and pads (the component footprints on the PCB). In addition, the file contains information for drilling, and milling the completed circuit board."

What it probably boils down to is your gonna have to pay someone to use those gasket templates....

Not a problem. It's prolly gonna be easier to just order up the gasket you need. (if it's just the one)

and when in a tight spot, I've cut a few with a razor knife in the past.

Good luck with it.

What about ctrl+print screen, then insert into MS paint or similar program, crop, then save as jpeg?

Well I do alot of work on bikes and it would be really nice to be able to make my own. Im gonna call the company today and see how much the program is or see if they could send me a file just to see if my cutter will even cut the gasket material.