eddiehickman

SCALP and Laser Point Question

Can someone tell how to contour cut without using the laser point as i cannot get the laser point to configure for some reason the laser point remains in on position and when i go to configure it the blade carriage goes all the way to the left and stays there going back and forth and i have to turn off the cutter to get it to stop and help would be greatly appreciated by the way the software i am using is scal pro3 thanks

I just set laser offset to zero and use my blade point for the actual alignment.

and he indicated the "laser point" feature in his message.  Just wanted to be sure we are talking about the Laserpoint 1 (or II) cutter and not something else.

and he indicated the "laser point" feature in his message.  Just wanted to be sure we are talking about the Laserpoint 1 (or II) cutter and not something else.

He sent me a message first,

I don't use either , so I sent him here.

i have the sc cutter plotter 24 inch

well,, you have that clarified now..    He is using the SC model. with SCALP PRO 3

Ok, you have to calibrate the laser, then the SCALP "Print and Cut" features work with the SC.  Follow the instructions in this video.  Set the laser calibration settings in SCALP to 0.

I have tried that my laser is stuck on on and when i hit enter the blade carrier goes all the way to left and tries to keep going i have to turn cutter off for it to stop

sounds like an issue for USCutter to help you with.  It shouldn't do that.

don't think they will help - here is the sc cutter description:

SC Series Vinyl Cutter by USCutter

Our newest line of vinyl cutters. The USCutter SC series vinyl cutter offers the same basic feature as our popular MH series however we believe it is a better built cutter and features a registration laser. USCutter however does not support the use of the laser registration and it is not covered in the warranty

nope they will not help i know i will never buy nothing else from them ty all of you for replying and trying to help me 

Hmmm,,,  they were up front with the ad, and say they will not warranty it or give support, and you are blaming them ?  You purchased it anyway..with the  upfront statement disclaimer.

Best advice I have,,,,get a copy of Flexistarter10 from the big auction site, and use it.  You don't need a laser to contour cut anyway.  It uses the blade. for registration marks.   It is a more powerful cutting software anyway.. and will import more file formats.  Can be had for under $130 on big auction site.

• Like 1

i say that i will not buy nothing from them again because this is not first problem i had a problem with us cutter i ordered some vinyl from them for a job that one of my customers needed right away and they did shipped it to me in time but when i received it it they were a couple of rolls that were cut and stuck to other rolls so the vinyl was no good to me and i called and sent pics of the damage  us cutter and they said they would credit my account and send out more by express but i had to pay the express freight so i had to order from local company and pay more for the vinyl and ended up losing money on the job and us cutter never credited my account and if i was in business selling cutters i would not offer a cutter that a manufacture will not tell me how to fix problems that may arise or info on how to configure the cutter

Eddie,

In my real life world....  I sell 1940 Ford sheet metal   ie: hoods fenders trunk lids  etc.

I continuously caution buyers that passenger fenders and Pickup fenders will NOT interchange
no matter that they look identical....  and I issue that caution very strongly.......

AND YET.......

Buyers continue to buy what I do NOT recommend buying.......

I will NOT refund any buyers, nor will I console them after they spend inordinate amounts
of money to do what I told them will NOT work.

That said

I am lined up with US Cutter on their attitude on the Laser issue.....

Fair to say....  you were warned.

I have to disagree here. He is trying to calibrate the laser, not do contour cutting.  The calibration sequence is NOT working.  That is a hardware issue.  If they provide the hardware that includes a laser and a sequence to calibrate it, they should support that.  If the hardware works correctly, he can do the contour cutting WITHOUT their support.

IE.  

Q:  What is supposed to happen when you turn on the laser?

A:  Laser should turn on and move to the Origination point .

Q:  What do I do when I turn on the laser and it DOESN'T move to the Origination point?

A:  <Support from USCutter goes here>  

i say that i will not buy nothing from them again because this is not first problem i had a problem with us cutter i ordered some vinyl from them for a job that one of my customers needed right away and they did shipped it to me in time but when i received it it they were a couple of rolls that were cut and stuck to other rolls so the vinyl was no good to me and i called and sent pics of the damage  us cutter and they said they would credit my account and send out more by express but i had to pay the express freight so i had to order from local company and pay more for the vinyl and ended up losing money on the job and us cutter never credited my account and if i was in business selling cutters i would not offer a cutter that a manufacture will not tell me how to fix problems that may arise or info on how to configure the cutter

sorry to hear of your troubles  I have had nothing but great experience with them on many, many orders. I have NEVER , ever had to call them for a problem,,,on material or equipment , and I have spent thousands here.over the years

I deal with them regularly and have the occasional problem but when they say they don't support something and you get mad because you apparently didn't read the description I fail to see that as their fault. It is fully disclosed in the product description and any help we offers just a workaround for something you should have been aware of when you first purchased your machine.

Jay