Sign in to follow this  
parabellum1130

not cutting full width of material

I have the sc cutter 32" and im using sure cuts a lot pro ...

the material size im using is 24" wide , but im not sure how to get my cutter or program to cut the full width of the material and not just 12" wide of it ...

im trying to not waste that much material when cutting and haven't tried to yet but want to do vehicle windshield banners soon ..

ive been searching for something like a size adjustment in the program not sure if im looking for the right thing , can anyone help me???

Also with sure cuts if it's not showing on the mat it won't cut. If this is the case you need to make your mat larger.

i was running it at 12x24 landscape on my last cut and it cut only 12wide , it was cutting sideways ...

so if i run my mat at 24" portrait will that allow it to cut my full width ...

im just trying to get some info before i run my next cuts , im down to limited amounts of the color i need...

set it to 24 x 24 so you know you image fits on the mat and n the cut window make sure you're set to origin, not wysiwyg under cut mode

• Like 1

Been there, done that. Glad I got Flexi starter

Been there, done that. Glad I got Flexi starter

How are you liking Flexistarter 10 by now?    Some people really knock it 'cause it is not a full design software, but I think it is a great cutting software.  Very powerful, and can import a lot more file formats than other software.  It is all that I have used since 2006...It is what I learned on. it came with my Seiki vinyl cutter.

I design in corel for now so only use flexi starter for cutting and very basic stuff like boat numbers or names on car doors. I like it for what I do with it but think I may want to step up and see what's what. Definitely a lot of good features and enough potential for me to look into upgrading in the future. Just wish it would open my corel 12 files and save me from having to export them as eps.

Oh and autoweld saved my butt last week on a run of siser where I forgot to weld the script I used for the names.

I was lucky to be on Ebay at the right time, and ended up with Flexidesigner10, for cheap..  So, I actually can design/edit like in Flexisignpro10.    I don't print, so don't need printer drivers. 

That is where I'd like to be down the road because I really don't like the inconvenience of using multiple programs where 1 will do it.

That is where I'd like to be down the road because I really don't like the inconvenience of using multiple programs where 1 will do it.

It doesn't bother me..  Most files I save and import in Flexistarter anyway.. If I have designed it, I have it up for sale. and hope to sell many more.   Flexidesigner10 is just a 2nd design station..  No cutter drivers.

My problem is thousand of files saved in corel so I have no option to open directly in flexi right now.