Sign in to follow this  
plbrooks

PCut CR1300 vinyl not staying on track

I have a PCut CR1300 and it does a pretty good job... except that the vinyl doesn't seem to track properly when moving forward.  After cutting a design I have to go and straighten the vinyl... it's getting annoying and it does cause problems.  Not sure what to do to adjust it... suggestions appreciated!!

Thanks!

don't make the cutter pull the vinyl from the roll - pre feed it so the amount needed is loose

I don't - I roll out about 3x as much as I need to cut in order to avoid the pulling... and it still happens.  The rollers on the bed of the cutter look like they're rolling properly, so I'm wondering if maybe the roll holder isn't off just a little?  

if it is not pulling from the roll, the roll holder would have no affect - too much blade can cause the value cutters to track worse also

not a problem on the p-cut but people on the mh like to mess with the pressure rollers to reduce the marks left by the grit rollers then have this problem LOL

Also prefeed the material to create a path that the roller will be more inclined to follow during the actual cut.