Sign in to follow this  
dhawk

Issue With Upgrade???

I upgraded to the 2.21 version.  During the install, my antivirus program found a trojan called "TR/Dldr.Banload.B.3"...so I sent it to quarantine.  I assumed everything was ok.  Well today I was working on some lettering in X3 and went to the launch icon to use the SignIt-X2 applet and it now does not load.  Is it because of some I did when I upgraded?  Could it have anything todo with the "TR/Dldr.Banload.B.3" file that my antivirus program id'd as a trojan?  Any suggestions?

Very strange for sure but we will look into it right away, please in the mean time give us a little more information about your system and settings.

Operating system and have you installed the latest updates for it.

When did you upgrade?

What virus software are you using?

The operating system is XP Pro.  It is set for automatic updates...so it should always have the newest updates.  The Antivirus software is Avira AntiVir Personal Edition. 

I believe it was SignCut version 2.18 before I upgraded yesterday to the 2.21 version.

Do you think I should uninstall It and then reinstall the program from the original CD so I will have use again of the SignIT-X2 in Corel X3?

Thanks for looking into it.

Dave

Hello,

There is very little information about the "TR/Dldr.Banload.B.3". However we do ofcourse scan our systems regularily and also use updated

antivirus softwares. (in my case Nod32). I've scanned my whole system and used two online-services and nothing is found.

I would suspect that your antivirus software reacted as a heuristic scanner, that is, it tries to determine potential threats by using analytics through

neural networks. That means that it's not sure there's really a problem, just that it thinks it may be. You can read more about heuristic scanning by

clicking on this link.

Regarding SignIt-X2 though, do you get any error-message?

Please redownload the V2.21 (we updated the plugins) through this link.

http://www.sc-x2.com/files/scx2.exe