im looking to stock up on alumicore if im not mistaking that is what it is. used for outdoor signs and such been looking around and just dont know where to turn for this stuff  thanks

Alumacore is up there in price. Personally I use way more max-metal with excellent results.

I prefer diabond to alumicore diabond is an aluminum plastic composite easy to cut , shape and install plus being fairly light.

I belive the max metal mentioned above may be the same .

Max metal, dibond, cbond depends on who you buy it from but same stuff. I took down an alumacore sign that was up for around 6 years and you could squeeze between thumb and forefinger and crush the center core. It's just coroplast in the middle and I don't think it's very UV stable.

Max metal, dibond, cbond depends on who you buy it from but same stuff. I took down an alumacore sign that was up for around 6 years and you could squeeze between thumb and

forefinger and crush the center core. OPIt's just coroplast in the middle and I don't think it's very UV stable.

The thing I don't like about alumacore is how easy the edges tear up and on installs you have to be very careful not to dimple it with your screws .

• Like 1

My GRIMCO catalogue lists the two-sided 3 mm. white MaxMetal (AKA diBond) sheets at around $65 (4x8) and they also supply the single-side white (mill-finished backing) material for about $55.

The Alumacor 5mm. is $100. (and you also have to put a trim cap over each of the open-flute 4' sides)

1 sided is up to $62.95. Gets more expensive every time I price it. Before they absorbed my supplier I was paying $38 2 sided, now it's $67.95. Alumacore is showing for $118.95 and 8' pc. of trim cap is $5.95.