This coming week I'm offering a promotion at my store --- Come in and obtain a FREE colorful water bottle (bottle is provided FREE with each purchase of personalized decal for $7.)

I got the idea for the water bottles from another thread, and I've purchased a good supply of them from DollarTree.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/40605-wife-brings-home-something-new/?p=312396

I checked my local wal mart (small town) and they had a ton of these.  I don't like them tho because there is some stupid (raised) design on every side.  Be nice if the sides were all plain.

They scream redneck, love them. Just need a little camo somewhere.

That means I should make a bunch of money. Georgia has a little bit of all kinds of people from street thugs to redneck's. lol

I checked my local wal mart (small town) and they had a ton of these.  I don't like them tho because there is some stupid (raised) design on every side.  Be nice if the sides were all plain.

I know what you mean. There is just 1 side to put decals on. I took back the ones with handles because there was not much of a place to put decals on.

Great find!

Some people like the hand-crafted approach and it is a way to save money.

I can buy a mason jar with lid for $1 at Dollar Tree - if I can buy these grommets at 2/$1.05 as stated in the article, then my total investment is $1.53 (plus tax) for each jar vs. $5 each at Wal-Mart.  I've got a drill press, which means I can set this up and drill out 20 lids in <15 minutes (Hint: place a sacrificial piece of wood behind the lid when you drill so you don't end up with jagged edges).  That means I can sell them at the same price as everyone else and earn an additional ~$3.50 per jar, or undercut everyone else by up $3.50 and make more in volume.

Here we go with the undercutting again!

Great find!

Some people like the hand-crafted approach and it is a way to save money.

I can buy a mason jar with lid for $1 at Dollar Tree - if I can buy these grommets at 2/$1.05 as stated in the article, then my total investment is $1.53 (plus tax) for each jar vs. $5 each at Wal-Mart.  I've got a drill press, which means I can set this up and drill out 20 lids in <15 minutes (Hint: place a sacrificial piece of wood behind the lid when you drill so you don't end up with jagged edges).  That means I can sell them at the same price as everyone else and earn an additional ~$3.50 per jar, or undercut everyone else by up $3.50 and make more in volume.

great idea - and if you hook up with a powder coater you can offer the colors on the lids!