wesdog

Instructions for Applying decals ?

I sell some stuff on ETSY and had a customer complain because I didnt send any instructions to install said decal. Doews anyone have a good short explanation I could use?

I figured some of you do this already and would hopefully share, lol. I know I can probably type one up but don't know best way to word for people that already dont know how to do it. I didnt think it was  rocket science lol.

Yes, send instructions..  After talking to some customers.  some should not even apply a Band Aid, to anything.   let a lone a $100 decal. LOL  Decals do require skill, patience, and ability.  Not all people have this..   trust me..    You can find instructions online..  Write them out.   Some people are confused that they are just "stickers".  I got chewed out last year for putting transfer tape over a decal.  LOL.   Had to explain, this is the process. And they were sent great instructions.   People think just peel and stick.

I get people all the time that think they have to apply each pc. 1 at a time. Think I might record the speech next time so I can just hit play  each time someone asks.

I put together an instruction sheet that also includes a URL to an installation video that some friends shot for me.

Unfortunately you can't upload Word .DOC or .RAR files, so I have it up on Mega if anyone wants to check it out.

The "star" of the video is Elizabeth Bolinger, AKA "Kitty McScratch" a Guinness Book of World Records record holder for many, many video gaming related records.  Her and her husband run a store called Flipside that specializes in body piercings, body jewelry, stained glass art, weird stuff, and of course Ottumwa Decal decals.  They act as my retail point of sale and handle most of the face to face dealing with customers during normal business hours.

You can check out videos of her setting a variety of world records on her YouTube channel

once she gets perfect scores in each song or dance she goes back and tries to repeat them - blindfolded.

This is what I put in with our decals- it's perfect for the smaller items that we sell.  I do need to make something separate up for anyone that wants to purchase something large and install it themselves.

Application Instructions~

• Prepare your surface before beginning installation.  Be sure the surface is clean, and dry.
  • Peel the clear layer off of the backing, being careful that the entire decal comes off onto the clear layer.
  • Place the decal onto the desired surface, starting at one end and flattening it out as you go.  Be sure not to leave any wrinkles.
  • Once the decal is applied to the surface, smooth the entire area with the edge of a credit card or your driver’s license.
  • Rub the entire area of the decal, firmly, to ensure good adhesion.
  • Slowly peel the clear layer of paper off, making sure the decal is securely stuck to the surface.
  • Enjoy your new design.
  • Tell your friends, family & co-workers about Gettin’ Sticky!

Thank you for your order, we appreciate your business!
Timnang@gettinsticky.com  

slightly modified version of above as I hate clear tape and it leaves out the alcohol cleaning and center hinge on big graphics  . . . . just my 2c

Application Instructions~

§  Prepare your surface before beginning installation.  Be sure the surface is clean, and dry. clean thoroughly with rubbing alcohol as a final step.

§  Place the decal onto the desired surface place a piece of tape down the center, pull the backing off the decal and application tape on one side, squeegee down the decal from the center laying it down only as you go.  Be sure not to leave any wrinkles.

§  Once the decal is applied to the surface, smooth the entire area with the a squeegee

§  Rub the entire area of the decal, firmly, to ensure good adhesion.

§  Slowly peel the application tape off, making sure the decal is securely stuck to the surface.

§  If you have trouble removing the application tape spray with water and wait a minute - the tape will remove easier.

§  Enjoy your new design.

§  Tell your friends, family & co-workers about 

• Like 1