livinloudgraphics

has anyone done or thought of this

I just sat down in the shop today and had a customer come in for a decal i had it and knew where it was. however once i had to search for it has anyone ever done or thought of having a printed catalog, like a display book and have different vector pictures in it so you could just find the number on picture and look on  usb and just have it like that or how do you organize 75,xxx +++ vectors. that your customers can see what you have also?

Yup been working on one for awhile. I even though when the day comes just have a tablet with the catalog with all the images or even a cheap latop with an index built in.

Kiss Fan... love the Idea.  Would be perfect to take on the road to cut if you
run out of inventory at an event..... 

Thought about it?  Yes!  Done it?  Way too much work.  LOL  I'm "semi-organized"... that'll have to be good enough for now!

We have most designs in books. It takes time but I do it once a year so I can weed out stuff and do the "what was I thinking" look when I chunk something. I no longer try to save every vector I find and have around 6,000 now, same with fonts. Got the majority in a book for my benefit. The system I use for images is to # them 1 - 6000 or whatever in the computer the I print out pages for my books in categories like religious, hunting & fishing, wildlife, country, etc... so when you open the book the image # correspond to the computer and may not be in order due to the subcategories. Example a page may have graphic # 1,4,5,19,801,3001 or whatever 

There are tons of photo management software out there. You could use one of those to organize and display your graphics. You'd most likely need to create a thumbnail of the vector as most of the programs are designed for photo formats.