wesdog

Import SVG to SCAL

Ok I am switching over from Sign Cut Pro to SCAL and I am having issues with multi-color SVGs I have created. In Sign Cut Pro it opens with my 2 colors and I can cut each seperately when choosing to. But when I imported to SCAL parts of the multicolor are missing. I will attach the SVG to show what I am talking about. In SCAL the by Kencraft part in yellow is missing. Then in another svg the yellow part is all together missing which will be boat registration numbers.

bayrider 2 layer.svg

NC 1106 DJ.svg

Make sure all text is converted to curves when exporting. That gets me in trouble all the time an I know better. I just bought Flexi starter 10 for less than scalp and hope to get it Monday or Tuesday to compare the 2.

I didnt export anything though. I created image in Inkscape and saved as SVG. Opened SVG and then the problem occured.

Did you leave text as text before saving or convert it to lines or whatever it's called in inkscape. I have a problem bringing over anything that is a font without converting first.

I didnt export anything though. I created image in Inkscape and saved as SVG. Opened SVG and then the problem occured.

The same applies when saving to .svg  - convert text to paths

In Inkscape, select the text, then go to Path » Object to Path (Ctrl+Shift+C)

These files are simple text with a shadow - you might save yourself some grief and just do them in SCAL3Pro from now on.  I understand wanting to import something you have worked out in InkScape - or something that is not doable in SCAL3Pro though.

Another thing to be aware of in InkScape is to make this change in the svg output which is reccomended for better importing of svg files into MTC! - and probably would be of benefit for SCAL3Pro too

post-4062-0-53243300-1368309991_thumb.pn

Thanks I am trying all of these tricks. I guess like anything SCAL is gonna take some time to get used to to like it. That is why I just bought another year sub to Sign Cut just in case lol.

I have had this problem importing from Illustrator and they worked on it back a few updates and it was working correctly but I'm back to having trouble again. I have just changed my build process and save each color layer as a separate file completely. On small stuff I have opened the file and ungrouped and changed the colors manually once they were in SCALP but that can be a lot of work if its a complicated design. I am expecting that they will continue to improve to the point that this problem will go away permanently. I have been patiently waiting for them to add some of the cutting utilities that SignCut has like tiling. I had withdrawals for a while but have adjusted. I don't miss the subscription at all.

Ok I tried the plug in for scal and i opened inkscape up and typed text then exported to SCAL and it didnt show up. Only thing I didnt do was change it to path which I am trying right now.

On another topic of SCAL vs. Sign Cut

----In Sign Cut if you have a svg loaded you can change size after every cut if you wish to make a larger one or smaller one vica versus, but I cant figure out how to do that in SCAL.

Ok I tried the plug in for scal and i opened inkscape up and typed text then exported to SCAL and it didnt show up. Only thing I didnt do was change it to path which I am trying right now.

On another topic of SCAL vs. Sign Cut

----In Sign Cut if you have a svg loaded you can change size after every cut if you wish to make a larger one or smaller one vica versus, but I cant figure out how to do that in SCAL.

And to help others you do have to convert object to path as it worked when I did that.

I bought it to stop paying for signcut but after several months I've decided to go the Flexi route scalp just has too much r & d to do yet and I'm not much for being a test subject.

• Like 1