Sign in to follow this  
iMillJoe

Creation pCut on a Mac?

Hi guys, I have a Creation pCut I bought from a friend of my when his shop was going out of business, he included the computer he used to drive it (and old PC with SignBlazer installed), and it's now circling the drain. I don't even know if it is possible to drive this cutter from a Mac. For some reason, you can't even plug it into a different USB port on the computer it's currently running on with out bad things happening. 

I am only doing this as a hobby, is there any software out there that I can drive my cutter with, from my Mac, that WILL work (the guy I bought it from claimed SignCut wont).. with out hunting for cables, or installing untrusted drivers? 

If it is possible, I'd appreciate any help moving from the way he showed me how to do things, a way I can do them on my Mac. 

NOT SCALP - flexi starter for mac would be a good cutting software if you already have a vector design software like corel, illustrator, etc

For drawing, It's looking like illustrator is 19.95  a month now. (no thanks, this is a hobby after all). Corel doesn't seem to offer a mac program. Inkscape is free, but i don't have any idea how to use it, and then I still need to plot it. That's where Flexi or sign cut might come it... looks a bit expensive, and I'm not even 70% certain they can drive my plotter. (they cost more than I paid for the plotter and it's computer....) Is there any all in one design and cut tools, relatively cheep. I'm not looking to do decals for NASCAR hear, just stickers for windows, normally text... 

Even for a hobby, it's not free...Software is expensive..Especially design and cutting combo.. You can pick up a cheap Windows XP computer on the big auction site. and use Signblazer.  which is free. You are more limited on software with using a Mac... 

if you can't use signblazer you are going to have trouble with any vector based software for your cutter - time to sit down and learn new things.  This is not like your raster based image programs and you will need to learn sooner or later

I use Inkscape (very easy to learn, plenty of tutorials on the web) with SignCut. $300 for a lifetime key.