Sign in to follow this  
tservice

grommets in Coroplast

One of our customers want grommets in the coroplast. What is the best method of putting the holes in the coroplast?

Guest Terry

A grommet tool does it, and it cost BUCKS, but you can use a hollow punch.

I have a grommet machine that uses self-piercing grommets. It goes through coroplast just fine. Bought it on ebay for $60 with shipping and came with grommets. I love it.

We bought the same one you have Banner, but I don't think yours is self piercing. How can we tell?

Guest Terry

I have a grommet machine that uses self-piercing grommets. It goes through coroplast just fine. Bought it on ebay for $60 with shipping and came with grommets. I love it.

You got a GREAT deal, the self punch one depending what size starts at about 100.00 for just the tool.

We bought the same one you have Banner, but I don't think yours is self piercing. How can we tell?

try one and see. If it punches the hole as it goes,it's self-piercing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Grommet-Machine-2-Vinyl-cutter-sign_W0QQitemZ130198761514QQihZ003QQcategoryZ26245QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

is the one I have. They also offer it at auction. I bout 2...one for me,one for my brother. It weighs 12 pounds,very heavy,very well built and believe me I've used it. I expect it is so cheap because both of the ones I bouight had a TINY amount of rust on the dies. I believe it had been wet.Probably a flood or something. The rust was soon gone and it never affected the performance.From the look of it,design wise,it is exactly the same as the more expensive ones.

Guest Terry

Yes it's real heavy. You got a really good price.