Sign in to follow this  
stangcobra

My cutter worked fine this morning now...not so much MH871

I'm trying to cut some vinyl stickers with my mh871, they came out fine this morning then I tried to cut them again and my cutter won't make marks on the vinyl, or it will make marks(pressure 600 blade way further out than it should be). I hit the origin button and the blade touches the vinyl but it just wont cut.

what software - did you do a  reboot and reinstall the drivers to start the troubleshooting

you will want to contact usc in the morning - sounds like the z-axis chip - which is strange as we have already gotten by the worst of the static season.  usually caused by not having a ground wire fromt he stand to the cutter bottom.  This causes the static to build up in the stand and discharge thru the cutter head and many times frying the z-chip . . . . if it isn't going up or down it is either the z-axis chip or the carriage

ok so now we have extracted a little more info - is the carriage on the tracks (all wheels)?

if the 871 is like the 721 - is the blade holder in the back hole?

I think that the blade holder goes in the rear hole. Also make sure it is sitting all the way down in the holder and it is tight.

thats weird because i use the hole farthest out on my cutter no problems so far, i dont see why it would matter from hole to hole

the back hole is over the cutting strip the front hole is/was over a felt strip  can't remember what they sold the reason as for the felt  strip but it causes as much head aches as 1/2 a credit card - 

the back hole is over the cutting strip the front hole is/was over a felt strip  can't remember what they sold the reason as for the felt  strip but it causes as much head aches as 1/2 a credit card - 

The front hole over the felt strip is used for the pen tool.

• Like 1

The front hole over the felt strip is used for the pen tool.

It is also to be used when you are cutting THROUGH something,like craft paper...so it won't dull the blade.

• Like 2

I bet it could be used to put a pointer in for manual contour cutting also!

hmm thats interesting to read because ive always used the far outside hole for my cutting maybe next time ill throw the blade in the inside hole and see how the cut differs. might be kind of interesting