bossman696

Need additional Pinch Roller for Us Cutter SC Series...

Does anyone know where I can get an additional Pinch roller for a SC Series Cutter?  I don't see anything listed in the parts section.  Does anyone know if the MH Pinch roller will fit an SC Series.  I use my cutter mostly for t-shirt vinyl which is not as stiff and traditional vinyl and I feel an extra pinch roller would cut down of some of the bunching I get when cutter the thinner stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

How many pinch rollers are you using now?   And do you have them aligned over the grit rollers good. ? Are you prefeeding your vinyl, so you are not pulling directly  from the roll?  You should be.  Making sure your vinyl is feeding straight?

I was having a problem with siser on my laserpoint like you're describing and until I got a 3rd roll I would apply app tape to the backside (the side you don't cut) This added rigidity and gave the grit roller something less slick to grap hold of. The 3rd roller did fix this but I waited a year doing it the other way before I bought it and it worked everytime.

Jay

• Like 2

I'm currently using three pinch rollers and cut 20 inch rolls mostly.  It feeds and tracks just fine, but it looks like it tries to bunch up when cutting between the pinch rollers at distance..  I will definitely try pre-feeding my rolls in the future as I remember it snatching a couple of times in the past.  I stretched a light weight bungie cord across my roller bearings so the rolls wouldn't just dump feed onto the floor.  Took a few times of that happening to learn that lesson.

You might do better just using 2 pinch rollers on the ends.     I have a 30 inch Graphtec and it only has 2 pinch rollers..   I never have a problem,

And yes, you should always prefeed your vinyl and never pull from a roll while cutting..  

When I ran 3 rollers I would prefeed with the outer 2 and clamp the 3rd once the alignment was right.

To answer your question, the TC and the SC use the same pinch rollers.  I called USCutter and confirmed that.

• Like 1

To answer your question, the TC and the SC use the same pinch rollers.  I called USCutter and confirmed that.

Thank You...  I do appreciate that!  Off to the parts section....

my SC has 3 rollers, I have never had a problem other than one time while feeding off the roll.... Lesson learned the hard way but never a problem since

There are 3 Rollers on my TC as well. I haven't had any problems either but, have considered adding a 4th just

because there is always the one grit roller without a dedicated pinch roller. Looks like one is missing!

Just reread this topic and realized I never responded back.  I purchased the 4th roller and it has made a huge difference in my t-shirt vinyl cutting.  It helps with the bunching problem I was having and I don't have as many issues with weeding because the start and finish of the cut didn't exactly line up.

Overall I am very pleased with the addition of a 4th pinch roller.

• Like 2