xobeckaxo1

Needing to upgrade...Suggestions

So I bought an MH-871 MK2 a year ago as I was just starting out and not doing a whole lot...I am needing something else now..I still don't have the cash or the customer base for the Copam (I wish I could!) So what would you suggest? I was looking at the TC or LaserPoint I do a lot of letters, numbers, and intricate shapes (people, logos, etc...) Laserpoint says it's a mix of SC and TC but TC says it's the best of the value cutters...What are your suggestions as to the next machine before hopefully being able to buy a Copam...(I also need something around 30inches so if you are price comparing thats the size I would be getting) Thanks :)

keep making money with your current cutter until you can afford a cutter with servo motors instead of a  stepper. - watch craigslist for a graphtec or roland.  you are just trading one value cutter for another one - if you are looking for less headaches you are just trading one headache for another by staying with the p-cut/laserpoint/sc/tc etc.  One of the best cutters I have ever used was a graphtec fc-4100 that I got a couple of years ago to resell - heavy as a car but incredible cuts and it was very reasonable

• Like 1

I agree with dakota as well. Keep saving your pennies and go for a roland or graphtec. I just upgraded from a copam to a graphtec and couldn't be happier. While the copam is good, they are close enough in price to just jump to the graphtec. 

If nothing else keep looking for used Roland or Graphtec. These used and working are better than most chinese cutters new.

• Like 1

No PCut model available with 30" width.

Same thing with the refurb. Zen Green,  30" not offered.

I'm wondering why the MH is inadequate? What's the problem with it?

No PCut model available with 30" width.

Same thing with the refurb. Zen Green,  30" not offered.

I'm wondering why the MH is inadequate? What's the problem with it?

The mh uses a fairly course stepper motor so it won't be as fine of movements  . . . gcc and copam uses a motor with finer steps and smoother, just not as smooth as a servo.  It's all about how fine you want to go.  check out this thread http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/40412-small-cut/

The rebranded GCC's (zencuts) that USCutter sell have servo motors.

Really don't notice the quality until you get into the small and more detailed cuts then the servo motor really shows what its got. Other than the noise both of my laserpoint have served me well with typical banners, signs and other stuff that didn't require the level of detail. From all I've read and having owned a MH I wouldn't buy 1 again. There's a point where price and quality don't even out and for me that was the cutter that found that point.

I bought 1 of the LP2's a couple of months ago 31" or something like that and it's not a bad machine but noticed that it will need either a keyspan adapter or serial connection as it gets funny on larger jobs running straight serial sometimes. If you look at my small cut post the work I showed I was doing with the LP2 although not 100% successful it would do most things bigger than that. Still prefer Roland or Graphtec though

The rebranded GCC's (zencuts) that USCutter sell have servo motors.

They have been disconinued (abandoned) and only the NEW Black 72" with stand is for sale anymore new at $2600,    used they have a  48"green without stand at $1800 and a used black 72" without stand at $3000

Unfortunately the MH has given out basically and  US Cutter has done all they could do for it. I don't have the money for a Copam and it would be awhile and I need something in the mean time....I do plan by next year being able to buy a Copam but like I said in the meantime I need to get a new machine. I have around $700 i've looked on craigslist I am in the boonies of Oregon in a town of maybe 15k people so it's hard to find anything here or close by here without a 8 hour drive one way...

Grab a TC and go.  Six hunnert. No big deal, especially since you'll cover the cost in a flash with all the work you've got lined up.

My 34" SC has paid itself and all initial investment off and now Im saving for a Graphtec personally

Ill still keep the SC as there is nothing wrong with it and is still making money, but will be a back up once I have me a Graphtec

My 34" SC has paid itself and all initial investment off and now Im saving for a Graphtec personally

Ill still keep the SC as there is nothing wrong with it and is still making money, but will be a back up once I have me a Graphtec

Me too, the SC is my primary unit.

However, if my budget was $600-700 I really believe that the TC would be a better choice than either the LPII or the SC.

For one thing, the TC appears to have a roller system that could provide better tracking.

Plus that TC unit shows it has a lot more memory... that has got to be a plus on a value cutter. 

The lp2 rollers where they grab the vinyl is very similar to the graphtec. The old lp1 used a grit type roller but the lp2 is a machined setup just like the one on the qe60 I just bought. If you can live w/o 30" I've got lp1 24" with 2 new pinch rollers installed this winter and1 on the old ones left on to give 3 total along with 2 motherboards 1 new in box, 1 I changed out but don't think there was anything wrong with it found a loose plug while changing out. Only thing wrong is laser is gone and cover doesn't fit over carriage. Old carriage was mostly plastic and when I replaced it last new 1 was more metal less plastic but the little cover doesn't fit properly. Pm an offer if interested and if you like send me a file and I'll cut it and take a pic to show cut quality.