Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

Metal Sign Blanks

I have a supplier I normally use for aluminum blanks and the prices seem good but one of my better customers called (I have been using these blanks for him for awhile and he is happy with them) however on this particular order he as requested "stop sign quality metal".  The aluminum blanks I have been using are .04 thick.  and that is as thick as this supplier deals with.

Anyone have a supplier or info link etc they would like to share with me?  Would .08 aluminum work ya think?  Or step up to steel?  They are going to be going in a campground (speed limit 5) not sure why he wants such a thick sign for this but his call.

Any info/input appreciated.

Thanks in advance

080 aluminum is what you're looking for. I get all of mine through Grimco and is what I spec when doing signs for the local towns. Nobody ever complains and they come in tons of precut sizes and shapes.

Jay

I ordered through hall signs. Aside from them totally messing up on my color the signs were great and they refunded me the money for the coating. They do custom cutting too.

I think you have to step up to  the 24 gauge steel.We are the dealers of metal signs,wood signs and old signs. You can take the information of us from this link :

http://www.thevintagesignstore.com/'>http://www.thevintagesignstore.com/

Or you can use paper thin steel and watch it rust. There is a reason all those highway signs you see are aluminum.

I never got back to this thread, but, I did go with Grimco (have been using them on a regular basis since)  I turns out they had the actual sign I was looking for (coated) for only 3 bucks more than I figured my cost to be.  I just ordered the premade signs, took the 3 dollar hickey and still made some good money for only placing the online order.  Customer installed!  I like easy money.

Oh, the service was great and fast shipping with a great quality product!!