jaybyrd

small cut

A testament to a quality cutter. The RP is .089" tall. Excuse the crappy cell phone camera.

post-40404-0-05701600-1367860460_thumb.j

• Like 1

I agree. I love my graphtec. Heres one I did today for a project im working on. The dime fits inside the circle. The nose is 0.06 x 0.05

post-23799-0-66497400-1367863351_thumb.j

• Like 2

No Dakota but I have done on the LP just usually end up cutting a pile of them to get enough to do the job. :lol:  This run with the new toy I only lost 1 out of 20 transfers. Ain't perfect but that's pretty damn small,

Jay

• Like 1

I think I'll need to buy hearing protection the next time I run it, gotten used to the quiet already. If I knew then what I know now I could of bought 2 Graphtecs for what the cheap cutters and wasted vinyl cost me. Still trying different software to see what works for me and then I'll be set up. From the talks I had today next step may be screen printing.

• Like 1

did you ever try cutmaster?

I bought a 4 station press, flash dryer, bunch of screens, some ink, emulsion, etc then sold it before I got going - took up too much space and there are 2 very big screen printers in town, this spring another one started so glad I ditched that.  I either sub it out or my faborite order plastisol transfers

I didn't get it running for me but that could be my fault I've been busy this week and it wouldn't be the first thing I screwed up. I tried winpcsign demo but really wasn't over impressed all I really need is something like signcut but had problems with that in the past. Was leaning toward flexi starter for now and see how that goes. The screen printing is because of a regular client preparing to launch a clothing line and wants me involved since I've done all his sample products and reworked so many of the designs he uses. From what I've been seeing around here if you can turn the jobs in 7-10 days you'll kill the local printers. They keep telling everybody 3 weeks minimum and most of my customers need within a week or less so if I can crunch the time I can open a pretty good market up to me. I dabbled in prints with a 1 color,1 station homemade deal for a little while but think it may be time to make the move in the next couple months and buy a press and flash dryer. I'll do it like everything else in my life headfirst in the shallow end.

I think I'll need to buy hearing protection the next time I run it, gotten used to the quiet already. If I knew then what I know now I could of bought 2 Graphtecs for what the cheap cutters and wasted vinyl cost me. Still trying different software to see what works for me and then I'll be set up. From the talks I had today next step may be screen printing.

x2 I cant believe I waited so long! What the hell. I wanted to throw my old cutter in the pool so many times to just put it out of its misery  But It made me some money and taught me that I actually like doing this. With a graphtec you literally plug it in, set the blade and you can cut anything. If mine blows up tomorrow Ill be buying another one as soon as the fire is out. 

• Like 1

but without that value cutter you wouldn't appreciate the graphtec so much ^-^ 

• Like 1

So true but I needed that experience like I need to hit myself repeatedly with a hammer. Really could live without that experience, think I'm gonna clean up the LP 1 get it ready to sell and honestly compared to some I have had this thing is pretty reliable just been rode hard and often. I feel like a hoarder having 3 cutters at the shop and need to thin the herd.

My youngest daughter volunteered in the last month to be sprayed with OC gas and tasered - tough kid - I always said I don't need to be shot with a gun just to know how it feels so I never volunteered for the taser either.  oc -I was a trainer so I got it a couple of times and the good stuff (not available to general market) freeze +P will make a believer out of you.  I personally think it is highly under used.

I keep a small container of pepper spray in my cash drawer and of course I self tested. Although it's way weaker than what you guys use in the penal system It'll still ruin your day and give me that split second to decide whether to shoot you or just beat the snot out of you if you try to rob my store. Most people around my store and home know I'm pro second and they would rather find an easier mark. You got a tough girl there tasers scare me something about electricity and human heart makes me nervous.

I keep a small container of pepper spray in my cash drawer and of course I self tested. Although it's way weaker than what you guys use in the penal system It'll still ruin your day and give me that split second to decide whether to shoot you or just beat the snot out of you if you try to rob my store. Most people around my store and home know I'm pro second and they would rather find an easier mark. You got a tough girl there tasers scare me something about electricity and human heart makes me nervous.

they used aligator clips to save money on carts - left nasty burns.  You are acutally better off getting show with the darts on that account

post-2742-0-40847700-1367896180_thumb.jp

ok, y'all inspired me to try something small on my copam 2500.  These little cuts kill me as it usually lifts the vinyl.  I have tried everything I can think of and still have some issue.  :)

post-39497-0-11532900-1367936658_thumb.j

not too shabby for a stepper motor cutter,  the super fine stuff is showing off the graphtec's capabilities with cleancut blades. try a cleancut in your copam - I used to use them in mine and it will help get a litttle smaller

Quality and small size can be achieved with most cutters but the cheaper they are the higher your degree of patience needs to be. Clean Cut Blade makes a massive difference on the small stuff. I've got their 60' blades in 2 of my cutters so far and love them.

Jay

Yep, you can't beat a Graphtec..  When I set my son up in business last year. I just went ahead and bought the CE5000-60 right out of the gate for him, so that he never had the frustration or the waste from a value cutter. It was well worth it...  And I would do it again...

I still have the OEM blade in my machine. Its still new though. Im sure in a couple months itll show some wear. 

From what I've experienced oem blades aren't as sharp even when new.

OK, I ordered by clean cut blades today.  Appreciate everyone's comments and looking forward in seeing how much improvement they make!  B)

Not a high end cutter but here is what my SC has done

20130114_150810_zpsb8f4d86d.jpg

Not a high end cutter but here is what my SC has done

I did not realize that these cutters could do this.  My copam will not do this without lifting the vinyl.  excited to see what the new blades will do.