wesdog

Logo for a friends cleaning business

Building up my confidence on bigger logos. Luckily she was an easy client to please lol.

post-37131-0-10260500-1367851264_thumb.j

Tickled Pink?! Oh boy interesting name...

good looking vinyl though! 

Many states' Motor Vehicle laws prohibit this type of lettering.

In California, for example, V C Section 26708  -- Material Obstructing or Reducing Driver's View,

The code specifically indicates (a2) A person shall not drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or upon the vehicle that obstructs or reduces the driver’s clear view through the front or rear windows or side windows.

It then further notes that it is OK to affix Signs, stickers, or other materials that are displayed in a seven-inch square in the lower corner of the front windshield farthest removed from the driver; signs, stickers, or other materials that are displayed in a seven-inch square in the lower corner of the rear window farthest removed from the driver; and signs, stickers, or other materials that are displayed in a five-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver.

I've been to California and have seen decals that abscure way more than that on lots of cars.

How do you get away with a panel van, RV, or semi that does not have a rear window. As long as your car has review side mirrors I don't see any reason why you couldn't put stuff in the rear window. And if I read that law correctly does that mean also that you can not have stuff in the bed of your truck, or pull a trailer that blocks your view?

I've been to California and have seen decals that abscure way more than that on lots of cars.

And I have seen cops pull people over for it.

How do you get away with a panel van, RV, or semi that does not have a rear window. As long as your car has review side mirrors I don't see any reason why you couldn't put stuff in the rear window. And if I read that law correctly does that mean also that you can not have stuff in the bed of your truck, or pull a trailer that blocks your view?

while I agree with your logic I have found that "when I fought the law the law won".  if the person is involved in a collision and the law is on the books you are the one that is going to take the hit finatially - right or wrong - think  hot coffee and mcdonalds

• Like 1

I do not watch.. 

Women Officers from Houston
OR
Arizona Sheriffs
OR
Alaska Troopers
Ad Nauseum......

Because there is sooo much inaccurate information there, it is distracting.

Officers sometimes choose a target out of the "flock"
Much like a duck hunter...... 

Life ain't always fair

When I was younger I had a 19870 special edition mustang - black over red - it just screamed please come give me a ticket - I am young and dumb, and that cute hair clip with red and black feathers hanging from the mirror didn't help either

Officers pull people over for a license plate light being out.

Now, if she was stopped, and had this outfit on, I think the cop might give her a pass ---

$(KGrHqJ,!lQE6B-v(Vf5BOnblzclgw~~60_35.J

Here is the rest of the Does Not apply to's, see number 8. Any car manufactured since the 70's has mirrors on both sides.:

( B) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(1) Rearview mirrors.

(2) Adjustable nontransparent sunvisors that are mounted forward of the side windows and are not attached to the glass.

(3) Signs, stickers, or other materials that are displayed in a seven-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver, signs, stickers, or other materials that are displayed in a seven-inch square in the lower corner of the rear window farthest removed from the driver, or signs, stickers, or other materials that are displayed in a five-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver.

(4) Side windows that are to the rear of the driver.

(5) Direction, destination, or terminus signs upon a passenger common carrier motor vehicle or a schoolbus, if those signs do not interfere with the driver’s clear view of approaching traffic.

(6) Rear window wiper motor.

(7) Rear trunk lid handle or hinges.

(8 The rear window or windows, if the motor vehicle is equipped with outside mirrors on both the left- and righthand sides of the vehicle that are so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway through each mirror for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle.

(9) A clear, transparent lens affixed to the side window opposite the driver on a vehicle greater than 80 inches in width and that occupies an area not exceeding 50 square inches of the lowest corner toward the rear of that window and that provides the driver with a wide-angle view through the lens.

(10) Sun screening devices meeting the requirements of Section 26708.2 installed on the side windows on either side of the vehicle’s front seat, if the driver or a passenger in the front seat has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed physician and surgeon certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a medical condition, or has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed optometrist certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a visual condition. The devices authorized by this paragraph shall not be used during darkness.

(11) An electronic communication device affixed to the center uppermost portion of the interior of a windshield within an area that is not greater than five inches square, if the device provides either of the following: