Hummer

Please Let Me VENT!!!

This really has nothing to do with vinyl...I just need to vent.  A 'friend' came over today, without warning to ask/tell me to make up a seating chart for her son's wedding that takes place this coming Saturday (450 people).  I will be attending this wedding, so I felt that I couldn't refuse.  I asked her why she waited so long to get this done and she replied that "Staples" needed seven days to complete this.  She had no clue what she wanted, her name chart had only first names, no surnames and she needed this done NOW!  So up to this point it took a couple of hours and I got it set up the way she liked it.  I was in the process of finding the actual fonts from the wedding invitation (she had no clue what fonts she chose when getting these invitation made) and the graphic to make a watermark like the one on the invitation so it would match up perfectly with the orginal when she tells me that she has to go now and do laundry.  K, fine, I will finish it on my own (better this way anyhow).  Another few hours go by with me looking up the two different fonts from the invitation (which I finally found) and trying to recreate a 2 inch by 2 inch damask graphic to use as a watermark.  Finally it is complete and I am very happy with the results.  So I send it to her via email.  She calls back and tells me that her son would rather have the 'Toronto Maple Leafs' logo as a watermark, rather than the damask that I used.  I could have screamed!  Not only do I know that this is trademarked, it is TACKY for a wedding.  What would you guys have done if you were in my place?  Geeze...

Thank you for letting me vent!   

Did you say your computer just malfunctioned ??......  Dang the luck...!!!  :rolleyes:

Lost the hard drive sorry I won't have it fixed in time to help...

rush fee 

+

pain in the ass customer

+

design fee

+

labor

+

material

+

redesign fee

+

beer money

_________

$$$$$$$$$

• Like 1

Unless this person has or is sceduled to donate a kidney to me - I would not have done as much work as you have - the Maple Leaf watermark would prove to be impossible even if she gave me both kidneys LOL

I don't know the retail on a kidney is probably pretty high. You could pay the license and pocket the extra on the second kidney.

Just sayin'

Jay

I would have been sorry I won't do trademark logos without their consent. And left it at that.

agreeed

I would have at least sent my laundry with her - trading work that needs done!

I would have at least sent my laundry with her - trading work that needs done!

Yea, we see what kind of friend you are...... now lets see what kind of friend she is!

My motto I tell some people like that

"Failure to plan, is planning to fail"

Thank you to all for the comments.  I am truly embarassed that I let this person get to me so much and then felt the need to vent here.  I really didn't think that I had 'SUCKER' written on my forehead, but apparently I do.  This 'friend' has called numerous times since to make changes.  I did NOT use the Toronto Maple Leafs logo. She finally agreed that this was tacky and illegal.  The funny thing is, had she given me more time and, a mere thank you, I would have gone full out for her.  Live and learn...