wesdog

Oracal pinstriping ?

DOes Oracal make pinstriping? I want to match the vinyl on a boat I made decals for but i need 20 some odd feet without a break and my cutter wont cut that long. If Oracal doesnt make it does anyone here make it or know where I can get it from?

TIA

How wide do you need it? I cut down to 1/2" wide with a straight edge on my workbench.

I've been asked about pinstripe at the store and always turned it down because getting a consistent 1/8" pinstripe cut to any real length is a nightmare with the cheap cutters. I may give it a try now that I have the qe60+ since it is so much more precise.

How wide do you need? You may be able to get Fellers or even USCutter to slit it down to the width you need.

I have seen hand slitters in catalogs before which may do what you need but I can't remember a price or where I saw them.

I need 1/2" and 1" and the client wants them in different colors of course lol. The boat 2 color pictures I shared yesterday he wants to replace the black pinstriping to match the yellow and green Oracal colors he picked. I'd need 2 of each size, one will be green and other will be yellow don't know exactly which is which yet. And they will need to be about 24' actually. Its a 22' boat and it actually has a slight curve in one spot so I think an extra foot or 2 wouldnt hurt. Can any of you guys give me an estimate what you could cut it for? TIA

Call USCutter and see if they will slit some down for you.

get skeeter to do it on the graphtec FC - you will need to buck up and pay the price to get it done right

I won't waste 24" wide or 30" wide vinyl on pinstripes.   I turn them down all the time...sorry.   People want them for next to nothing. Not worth my time...finding another use for 24 ft of vinyl..that is only 18-20"  wide.  Most of my designs require the whole 20" wide of vinyl.  I have had people want 60 feet of pinstripes  .  :rolleyes:  I turn pinstripes down...

charge the normal rate for a big graphic! - Might run them $300 - $400 + but it would match

that's the point, and they don't understand that.. ...If for General Formulations vinyl  or Avery,I send them to Earl Mich,  they have all the striping,  They do their own slitting of striping.  1/2" up to 12" 

• Like 1

it is the same with people selling "cheap vinyl" decals or items printed using "indoor" ink for outdoor stuff ( or poorly set up sol ink with bad heads) - they just don't get it -

You get it - use quality stock for long term quality work and people will come back.  

you can get a 1/2" x 50yd striping  of General Formulations(same as Shinerite) for   $5.57 plus shipping...  from Earl Mich..  

And an 1" x 50yd is $7.43 plus ship. 

I couldn't begin to compete with those prices.

I don't thnk Earl Mich carries Oracal though.

Well US Cutter doesnt offer it. So can anyone recomend any other options? Does anyone know of a cross reference guide for OraCal to another brand vinyl?

What exactly do you need and in what colors, PM me with your budget constraints and I may be able to help if I have the colors in stock.

Jay

i need 1/2" x 50' at least of Oracal 651 or higher 063 Lime Green

and

1"x50' at least of Oracal 651 or higher 025 Brimstone Yellow

Budget I don't know as its for the boat I did for friend. If you let me know what you are thinking price wise I am just passing the buck to him if he decides to go this route.

Thanks for the help either way.

How long does each pc. need to be? I think I have both colors at the store but they're partial and I'm not sure how long they are. Would you want tape on them or just the strip? And lastly what is the timeline so I can be sure I can handle it. If I can do it I'll pm you a price just need to know the above info first

Jay

the boat is roughly 23 feet long so 25' long would be ideal. I would not need app tape on it and timeline isnt important as long as its affordable to him and can be done. If you could let me know price and worst case scenario timewise I'll let him know asap and he can let me know if he wants me to go ahead and go with it.

Thanks again for he help.

I need to check inventory in the morning to make sure I have enough in stock. If there's enough there get it shipped 24 hours but if not I need to see if I need enough to send out an order. So to be fair 1-7 day to ship depending on what I've got left. I go in 8am eastern time and can tell for sure then. PM sent with price