Sign in to follow this  
mfatty500

Graphtec changing speed?

I have a Graphtec ce-5000-40,  I reset to factory defaults, but the speed keeps changing to 50 in HP mode, in GP mode it works fine. I can not find any info in the manual.

Thanks Mike

sorry, yes as soon as I send the job to the cutter, it only does it while I'm using flexi, normal when changing  command to GP for Corel

thanks.

8.6, windows 7, I reset it to factory defaults because all my conditions were all screwed up. I don't remember changing any settings so I reset it. 

as far as I know, can you clarify? nothing has changed except for me changing defaults, I have changed them before with no issues. I don't think it can be anything serious as it does not change in the GP command.

Graphtec Cutting Controller is ran from you computer,  makes your life so much easier,  all SPEED, FORCE, and Blade offset is done right from your computer,     Download was on your Graphtec disc or from Graphtec America.  It has a setting to run from your vinyl cutter or from your  computer Graphtec Cutting Controller. 

I know it can be used for the Graphtec CE5000-60       So I would assume it can be used for the 40 also..   

then that is a no, all controlled from the cutter I just used it this morning and it was not cutting well, then I noticed that the settings were all screwed up so that is when I reset.

why was it not cutting well?        Had to be something change that.    My cutter does not just not cut well..   And I have been running it since 2008...

blade issues, that's when  noticed my setting were not right i probably changed them but did not notice til today

I would download the Cutting controller,  and run from the computer settings......It works great.   At least then you can see if you have control over the speed.

usually 10-15 yes hitting enter, this is the first time this unit has given any trouble in 5-6 years

if it is a new version of flexi  (or lxi) it has a area like cut controler that changes it for the job so it could be changing it on you.  on mine it is  the third tab of production manager under driver options

Dakota.... do you use your Graphtec Cutting Controller on your computer?   I love it.  Makes it so easy....

sometimes but not always - I had just found the equivilent on ve-lxi- master plus 10.5 - really cutmaster I think is the same thing made by the same people.

speed and force are ok, but the condition changes to 9 with the controller should the status light keep blinking?

I never change my settings from my cutter,.....I just load media,  prefeed.  and run everything else from my computer...  I only cut vinyl, so usually the only thing I change is speed.

I use 9.....  that is all I use.

I don't preset other conditions.  I don't need them.   Too ez to change settings on the cutting controller.   But I see you can import conditions..  Don't know what that means

I don't know what your status light means.  I run a FC7000...  It does not have a status light.

well, it is cutting with controller, i guess i can tough it out.

Thanks for all your help, you to dakota

Thanks Dakota that was it the problem was in Flexi, not the cutter. I swear on my parents graves I have never been in that window of production manager.