BearlyRich

Corel and rhinestone templates

I see this topic come up now and then. A while back I did a Corel page to remind me how to do rhinestone templates in my Corel X3 and thought I had uploaded it. Maybe as a reply to someone? So I just thought I'd add it to it's own topic so people could find it if they searched...

This isn't a whole lot of words in detailed descriptions. Just a quick reminder on how to do it. If you look at the graphics and follow the steps, rhinestone templates are easy to create...

Seems I can't upload the CDR file, so a PDF version is attached. But if you can't create two small circles and type some artistic text in Corel, you shouldn't be attempting rhinestone patterns anyway :blink::lol::bear:  Then again, you should be able to import this PDF into Corel and get the same results anyway...

blendPath-rhinestones.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks!

Any tips on how to do rhinestone fills?  I got the outlines part figured out, but haven't found a similar trick for doing fills...

I am sure there is a better way.... but the few (small ones) that I have done, I did by hand.  I bought SCALP when it came out as it has a rhinestone feature.  It also has a fill option, but I don''t use scalp because it does take the human factor out.  It just tossed the rhinestones on and at times looks like crap because it doesn't space odd shaped items properly.    Soooooo I have stuck with corel and basically do it manually.  

What I usually do for fill is make a circle and then array it making sure I have enough rows and columns to fill the are I am working with.  Then, of course, get rid of all the circles outside the image first.  Then the ones on the "line" you have to start messing with.  Remove and start tweaking those in the area little to make room.  Remove one or two here and there and keep working it till it looks pleasing to the eye.

Kind of a pain, but for me the only way to get it the way I want.  

I used an interior, multi-step contour and and then  broke it apart and applied the blend to each path separately - that sort of works as long as you tweak the # of blend steps on each path so they look similar - the only problem is that you have to get all your sizing and everything perfect before you start, because you can't stretch it or shrink it without changing the size of the holes at the same time.

I'm thinking I may need to break down and buy either a macro for Corel, or purchase a whole new design package that include rhinestone functions, like SCALP... :-(