Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Moving registration marks?

I'm curious if you can move the registration marks on this program. what if you make it borderless printing why wont the registration marks change?

I'm convinced if someone would write instruction for scalp they could live off the royalties. When I hooked the qe60 to it today I lost cut by color, advance after cut and contour cut features as long as it's set to the qe60. I may have time tomorrow to mess with it and see if they can be moved around.

I agree I tried to do somethings and I couldnt move them I wanted to cut and print a bigger version of the pin up girl on the wwii bomb but no luck. I have bigger Opaque but dont want to use it yet.

• Like 1

I'm afraid I might have to step up to Flexi soon. Seems like every time I turn around software is holding me back. I experimented with contour cutting without the standard reg. marks one before and want to reinvestigate the topic when I get caught up. Hopefully I can find a workaround because I hate how much space you lose also. You need to slap the 1 you showed me before on a hat and let me know how much.

Jay

The registration marks in my cutter (copam) setup can have the offset/size/thickness changed by clicking on the settings button and entering the desired values in 3 boxes labeled with those names.

The size of the object determines where the reg marks willfall using those settings.  Border or borderless printing? not sure what would be affected by those settings.  The purpose of these registration marks is to enable making adjustments to the cutter  to match any skewing of the position of the printed page before cutting a printed shape to exactly cut out the shape.  Of questionable value to me with the Copam - no laser on my machine.

I agree I tried to do somethings and I couldnt move them I wanted to cut and print a bigger version of the pin up girl on the wwii bomb but no luck. I have bigger Opaque but dont want to use it yet.

If you resize your shape the registration marks follow - based on any settigns you make in your cutter's settings dialog - is this what you are trying to do?

What I think kissfan is getting at is if you could tuck the reg, marks closer to design you could make the print bigger.

Yeah the one you pmed me. I think Navy not sure now.

Jay

Well I set mine to .01 cm which is .1 mm right - the preview shows the reg marks are snugged right up against the shape's bounding box.

Thats what I mean I really want to get this image print and cut bigger its such an awesome image. Jay I'm actually working on that image right now. I should really do some vinyl work though.

I cant remember where i saw this but all credit due to that guy. Save your vinyl backing and use masking tape to tape the image you are trying to contour cut to the backing and it will extend how far you can have the registration marks without spitting out the paper. of course this does not help if you want the picture so big the registration marks are outside of the printed area.