gcextreme

Profit Kickback Percentages

You got the vector, cool. Hope its cuttable. I guess they are nicer than I am, cuz I wouldn't of dun it. 

ps. jones you need to read forums for dummies, come on man!

Well the one of the skulls is kinda crap....so many small details, it might cut ok but would be a pain to weed....im going to have to clean it up....

Im on my phone later...i will post it up for u to see it later....

Here's a suggestion,  Instead of trying to sell the decals to members and then have to figure out how much you owe the local chapter.  Sell them to the local chapter, let them mark the decals up to what ever they want to sell them for.   Sell them 25 or 30 at a time.  I think it will be a whole lot easier to do it that way.  You mention that American Solutions for Business  are doing the Tee shirts and Hoodies, I don't think that they are going to sell them to the members and give the local chapter a percentage?

American Solutions for Business is giving the chapter a percentage back on sales...at least thats what was discussed at our January meeting when we decided to switch to them.

As for making decals and selling to the chapter for them to sale, that would work with some smaller stuff...but not for custom fit stuff like if a member wants a really large one for the back of his truck window or tailgate....

Some maybe most cases it has to be custom to fit their needs...

Smaller decals would be ok for use anywhere tho...

American Solutions for Business is giving the chapter a percentage back on sales...at least thats what was discussed at our January meeting when we decided to switch to them. As for making decals and selling to the chapter for them to sale, that would work with some smaller stuff...but not for custom fit stuff like if a member wants a really large one for the back of his truck window or tailgate.... Some maybe most cases it has to be custom to fit their needs... Smaller decals would be ok for use anywhere tho...

I see, that would make it difficult.  You're just going to have to come up with a plan that will satisfy both parties. Find out what percentage they want and price your decals according to what you want.  You can mark something up 100% but only take 50% off to break even.  Here is a link to a https://www.adilas.biz/profit_calculator.cfm'>Profit & Discount Calculator] that might help.

yup the period at the end, I usually catch it when a link doesnt work. But this time I just woke up and hadn't had enough coffee yet. Thanks slice

Yeah they only want 15% of any sales of anything related to the chapter...basically any Freedom First Riders name/logos.

, etc.

Two of the three files i got were eps files, one of them is a pdf....how can i use that ?

And that pdf file is the one i really need, the main logo of the tire and wings....

I think once i get it all done i will just cut a few smaller decals for show and see how they sell....and that may lead to more custom larger sales....plus if the smaller ones dont sell i can use them or donate them in one of our benefit auction fundraisers.

Anytime we have a member or family member of a member that has a health or personal issue and needs money we put on a benefit.

Last November we did a huge benefit for one of our older members that had a heart condition to help raise money for him and his family for medical bills and other bills, we raised almost $9k....

Last year a members sister was dealing with cancer and we did a huge benefit for her and raised about $15k.

Its all good causes....and helps alot....

The last auction i put in a harley davidson mug and keychain that i got at a garage sale for $5, it sold on the auction for $25.

You can open the pdf in your editing program and it should be a vector. 

Some are vectors, some are jpg exported as pdf. Never know till you try

Thanks...i will try that tonight...hope it works....i just dont know why they would send my two .eps files and one pdf...lol

As far as the percentage of the sales goes, does anyone else have a deal like that with someone else?

I mean 15% doesnt sound too bad..

I kick back a base amount per sale to most schools. IE 1 dollar per item

For what? What are you doing for schools??? Like team shirts or something??

Team/Spirit wear, sport apparel. I do a lot for the local schools and 2 local towns run their web store and in school spirit wear thru me. I blow thru about 10,000 shirts a year for the local school districts alone.

Link doesn't work Doug, can you post it again?

It's fix now, Sorry about that.

I see, that would make it difficult.  You're just going to have to come up with a plan that will satisfy both parties. Find out what percentage they want and price your decals according to what you want.  You can mark something up 100% but only take 50% off to break even.  Here is a link to a Profit & Discount Calculator] that might help.

well..

sell alot cheap, or sell a few at a higher price. 

If that was me, and i was doing it basically for the members, yea i would sell cheap and get more business, than raise the price and get less business.  Just let them know your maybe giving them some type of discount for members, so if they "word of mouth" to there friends out in the public, they will atleast know that your price may be higher for non members.

but, what ever is comfortable for you.

Good Luck, have fun!

Yeah...i figure i will keep track of the sales and give 15% of that back to the chapter...but raise the price up a tad....because im sure not everyone is going to keep coming and coming back...they will just want a few and that will be it.

How does it work with "In loving Memory" stuff, for like fallen riders and vets etc..

Would i be obligated to give the family a percentage..

We had a young member, 24yr old guy, die from a work related accident two years ago...we had a huge funeral for him it packed the school gym and had over 200 bikes in the funeral recession...if someone wants an "in loving memory" decal for him would i have to give the family a percentage??

You are a business. Only you can choose if you feel to give to every hand that comes your way. I give back to our schools and to the sport clubs that allow me to sell at their locations or events. Beyond that never. I would never put my name on something for a discount price. Or give back to someone cause it is a sad story. Sorry to be a grinch but I am in business for myself and for my family, I am not here to give my proceeds to charity or to put my logo on your race car if I wrap it for a discount. 

The memory ones I have done have been bought in bulk for full price by the family and given out at the viewings. Most are in the 200 to 500 pcs range with standard pricing, sorry but no bereavement specials here. I have never done a one-off cause my shop minimum chases most of them off. 

seems like I have had 10 times the people looking for donations this year than normal and had to stop giving quite as much - it was becoming expected rather than appreciated,

• Like 1

Ok guys....i got the pdf file opened and it looks like it will work...

I know these are copyrighted images/logos (I have permission to use), and i cant POST them up, but would someone lend me a hand and take a look at them, especially the skulls one to see how i can clean it up and make it more simpler and easier to cut??

PM me

thanks