graphixUlimited

Pinstriping for a painters van

Hey guys I am doing a friend of mines van that is a painter and he wants some kind of pin striping on the hood of it? does any1 have any ideas?? Thanks

hey wants some kind of pin striping because he says the hood looks plain because his whole van is in Nebraska colors black and fire red. So he wants something on the hood. Any ideas?

Guest Terry

I do custom hand painted pinstripping on show cars, no one with custom cars would ever want vinyl on a custom car, truck, boat etc... Whatcha wanna know?

Ive done alot of custom cars in vinyl... They were ricers tho, but still custom... LOL  ;D

Guest Terry

Ya I know what you mean... BUT you KNOW a true $30.00 - $50.00 show car would NEVER put vinyl on the car.

Guest Terry

If he really wants paint you can cheat, without knowing how to do it. Let me know. But you will need a daggert stripping brush 0 - 1 in size, one shot sign painters enamel, wax silicone remover, baby powder, and removable vinyl, and weed in the reverse. Do not let brush touch edge of vinyl or you will NOT get a hand painted effect. Weeded cut out should be larger than the stripping or you will get a masking effect to the design. I can send you one of a kind hand painted designs to copy.

Guest Terry

Some of you may want to try this, the price goes WAY up for custom hand painted pinstriping. And the over head in materials is FAR cheaper than vinyl. As long as you have a cutter your all set. Test on a junk yard door or hood. One shot wipes right off with a rag with any mistakes. I used to cough and swipe the brush across the vehicle to flip the customer out LOL. They would be amazed to watch the graphic come together with different colors and appear right in front of them as I would lay the paint on. BUT THEN CAME VINYL GRAPHICS!!! and killed a huge portion of business except for show vehicles.

Terry

Spider Striping