CarterMarkham

What would you charge for this?

I did a job today for my mothers salon. Before I tell you what I charged, I want to know what you would charge. To put things into perspective, each window is 36 inches wide. The j and h are both ~43 inches tall.

post-27037-0-48006800-1367097650_thumb.j

Depending on travel I get $30 - $50 per hour depending on working environment i.e. height foot traffic in way, etc.. People have been telling me I need to charge more but each region has different pricing.

Any price that you can get and the customer is happy with is the right price. Some will tell you they get twice that much for a given job but I question that every time I hear it.

160$ is a good price if you are both happy with it. I did two windows simple lettering (pic below) and think it was 179. Got paid in a glass table, paper towels, a pack of razor blades, and 109.00 in cash. And made the local sign shop right next door mad. So now it is my mission to under cut them by as much as i can and still make some profit. Plus i like to do trades in this economy today, people just don't have the money. The lettering is about 6 inches tall and 40 inches wide.

It was my moms business which she is 1/3 owner with my brother and another hair dresser. It wasn't personal, it was business.