I took some pictures of my rear window job today. I am also making some real estate sign runners for her. Came out good but I was worried for a while because it was so hot today the app fluid kept drying and the different pieces were not cooperating. 

post-12577-0-05077000-1366876458_thumb.j

• Like 3

Oh yeah, almost direct sunlight ha ha. It didn't seem to bad on the drive there but there wasn't really a place to move her car that would work I figured I could just wing it but it ended up being a pain. She is a friend of mine and I went to her house when she was available. Normally I would not do that and have the customer bring their car to my shop where I have covered parking and in the morning when it's cooler. The fluid I have is called action tac, have a big jug of it, seems to be ok but it's the only one I have used. The economy is definitely better than it was but still very slow. Housing prices are still pretty low and great if you can buy right now.

When it got so hot here last summer, I filled a spray bottle with rubbing alcohol and would spray down a car window, let it evaporate (quickly!), then again, and some times even a 3rd time.  Each time it evaporates it draws out some of the heat in the glass and can bring it down to temperatures where your applicatin fluid doesn't boil away on contact.

It won't work as well on a darkly tinted window that is still in direct sunlight, but if you can put up an umbrella or some other shade generating device, then you can quickly bring the temps down.  Watch your local thrift stores and Craigslist for a microphone stand or cheap tripod that you can jury rig a sheet of white coroplast to and use for shade.

Finally put vinyl on my suburban. This was going on a window at my shop but it was a little too big and I really need to advertise on my vehicle too. I haven't come up with any great ideas yet but I want to go real big on my suburban.

post-12577-0-35729300-1366930690_thumb.j

• Like 1

nice and clean gets way more notice than cluttered and confused - good job

I finally put a sign on my shop window, what do you guys think? PS sorry about the picture I couldn't get one without a huge reflection.

post-12577-0-05797100-1369150696_thumb.j

• Like 2

Looks like the lt. blue needs to be up and to the left slightly to center it with the greyish color. But that's all I noticed and that could very well be intentional.

Jay

Ha ha, you are right. For some reason it is too low even though I matched up the registration marks. It isn't really noticeable in person unless you stare at it.

We stare because we do it for a living, the general public would never notice the stuff we notice every day. That is why I don't like reg. marks although they may work better now that I stepped up to a better cutter finally they never lined up perfect with any of my other cutters. On with your design I would have cut the backing super close to the blue so I could see the other color around it. But things happen and it's just a fact of life. Love the design and think it represents your business well

We stare because we do it for a living, the general public would never notice the stuff we notice every day. That is why I don't like reg. marks although they may work better now that I stepped up to a better cutter finally they never lined up perfect with any of my other cutters. On with your design I would have cut the backing super close to the blue so I could see the other color around it. But things happen and it's just a fact of life. Love the design and think it represents your business well

Ted, Looks great. I like the overall graphic big time!

Jaybird, what cutter did you step up to? I have been getting by with a P-Cut 1200 48" machine for a couple years now. It gets me by and I have learned all the weird little tricks to turn out good work with it but I have been saving and plan to buy a 30" cutter this season. I looked at the Graptec CE an FC's and the Rolland comps and I think I have decided to go with a SummaCut. Everything I am reading they appear to be a real quality machine with freaky good tracking. I live in Idaho so I am limited as far as support goes either way.

Vinyl Express qe-60+, basically a rebranded Graphtec and I can tell you from several years of using lesser cutters I wish I had stepped up years ago. Any of the top brands should do you afterall that's why they're the top brands.

Jay

Here is my first paid banner job. Took me way to long but I like how they came out. Looks like they crumple the Gianni banner up a little before hanging it though.

I don't know where they hung the other one I did so I didn't get a picture of it. Was so busy with these and a couple other projects I didn't take pictures when they were in the shop.

post-12577-0-73163000-1370898746_thumb.j

post-12577-0-86816300-1370898759_thumb.j

post-12577-0-82143900-1370898768_thumb.j

• Like 1