Sign in to follow this  
GraphxNMore

Pinch roller pressure on SC cutter

Right now I'm not too worried about it, but I'll have a large order of vinyl graphics to do this summer before school starts. I'm just making stencils right now. My problem will be with decals is I'm getting this rough strip where the pinch rollers run. How light can they be set and still work properly? Also, if I leave the machine loaded it'll leave an area the size of the contact patch the lookes almost like heat damage. That's no biggie, just unload the machine when I'm done, but the strip will look bad on decals.

The strip normally disappears when applied. If you loosen to the point of no mark you will run the risk of vinyl slippage. I've owned 5 Chinese cutters and every 1 left the roller marks, some worse than others but always seem to disappear when applied.

Jay

Thanks bro. I was afraid of the slippage factor. Figured I'd ask before testing and wasting a portion of vinyl. I knew someone had came across it before. LOL

My 1st and only cutter, TC 31", left a mark on the RH side at the 1st pinch roller. It stopped after 8 or so cuts.Even when it was leaving a mark like Jay said I never saw it after application. 

The impression is actually in the paper liner and the paper will not flatten back out on it's own - once you remove the liner, the vinyl itself will flatten out and after application it should be fine.

I make it a point to never leave vinyl rolls in the cutter, or even sitting on the rollers in the back.  Once cutting is done, I cut it loose and put the roll away.  Leaving a roll laying down can lead to flat spots on a roll which keep it from rolling smoothly when feeding into a cutter.