jaybyrd

Intuit credit card processing

Well, of course Pilgrams went bankrupt.  Someone else came in and bought up the scraps and is still carrying on with the chicken, but not like it used to be for sure.  Huge economic punch in the gut for our tiny little town of 5000

Oh that sucks....

I helped build an automatic packaging machine for their plant...it took their products into a case...im sure that replaced a few workers lol.

Yep sad to say i build machines that essentially put people out of work, but who really wants a job counting items and putting into a case all day..lol.

I built 5 egg packing machines for a local MN plant and they laid off about 20 employees, mostly mexicans and probably illegals.

Ive worked on other machines all over the US and Canada and Mexico.

Some people think we are hurting jobs, in fact we are creating better jobs, more machinists and techs and engineers etc.. jobs that people go to college for. Our company had expanded our building and have more than doubled our employees in the last 4 yrs from 70 employees to 210 employees.

Well i got my new business account linked to my paypal and square account so im ready to take cards..lol

I still haven't used mine..... people are just skeptical when you whip out your phone and want to run their card through it.... their like "um, let me run and get some cash..... I'll be right back."  

Yeah...i bet alot of people do that..of course its ok if they come back with cash...

I would try to explain to them that its no different than the card machine at every other place, u swipe the card and the info goes electronically to the bank...

I still haven't used mine..... people are just skeptical when you whip out your phone and want to run their card through it.... their like "um, let me run and get some cash..... I'll be right back."  

I personally have never seen this. At events it is not uncommon for me to run 100 or more cards in a day. 

I personally have never seen this. At events it is not uncommon for me to run 100 or more cards in a day. 

What do u use??

I have not done any events.... I also don't have a store front.  So, I can understand, plus it is a small town and I am new here.  Most people don't know the "stranger" yet.

I'll take cash all day and no receipt. Makes bookkeeping way simpler :ph34r:

Jay

Jay

I wish

Jay

That is mostly what I do   B)

I have the square one and I also have the new paypal one!

yep me too. i like square because it goes right to my bank account, and my paypal one for when i want money in my paypal. Ive noticed that my paypal one the money is available right away, as with  square my money is NEVER available right away. I have a paypal debit card so i like that a bit more... 

ive heared of it tho, but you are the first review ive seen... sorry it was a bad one.

i have the paypal car reader and i love it because i can track my income coming in and expenses going out all through my paypal business account. the paypal car reader is free and it works every time and once the card is swiped and the payment goes through you can get a signature if you would like and email or text them a receipt and the funds are in your paypal account immediately. 

Anyone her use intuit to process their cc transactions? I've been on hold for 32 minutes and counting trying to close my account. Just a heads up about customer service with them. Oh and the only way to close the acct is to call them on the phone. Can't wait until somebody does answer cause I may blow a gasket.

Jay

I have experienced this with a few cc companies.  Some will even tell you that you need to fill out paper work to close your account but never send you the paper work to close the account.  And continue to charge you monthly for there service even though you dont use it anymore.  Then there was another company that tried charging me almost $500 to close the account because of some hidden agreement that I got suckered into.

I went simple.   Got a Paypal card reader and I stick with that.  No fees except for transaction fee per transaction however they do not offer a in-house reader.  Only a mobile one as far as I am aware.  But if you sign up you can process cards over the phone, email, or in-house threw your computer.  I do believe.  Have not tried there service besides there mobile card reader.  Which is great for craft fairs, flea markets, and trade shows.

Square is the same. I actually ended buying an ipad so I could switch over but the ipad was free when you figure what I'm saving each year in fees.

Jay

Square is the same. I actually ended buying an ipad so I could switch over but the ipad was free when you figure what I'm saving each year in fees.

Jay

I think that will be my new sales pitch to my wife as to why I need an ipad.  Thanks

I think that will be my new sales pitch to my wife as to why I need an ipad.  Thanks

Wish this would work for me.  I have had 2 tablets and both broke on me and she wont let me buy another.  Says it has to be a business expense.  But right now its not in the budget,  So im stuck with my phone which works well for me.

How is that Square reader anyways.  Does that deposit directly in a bank account or another way.  i would love to have them direct deposit directly in my account per transaction.  Or in a way like that anyways.  They pretty good?

When you set up your square account, you provide your checking account info and that is the account to which they directly deposit the money into.  I takes about 24 hours for the money to show up tho.  Paypal is put into your paypal account and you have access to it right away, especially if you have the paypal card.

I've been checking and all my days transactions post to my bank acct. at 5:59 am the next morning so not too shabby.