Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Just not in the mood

After a late night last night or should I say early morning (4am) I have no desire to do anything with vinyl or art. Unfortnately i felt this way for a week, i know i designed that great WWIi bomber tshirt and working on the sandblasting cabinet, b ut it just feels like im going through the motions and thats it. I'm thinking my endeavor has runs it course in cutting and all that goes with it. Maybe I'm just in a slump or worn out with running to help my 90yr old grandmother, and being a live in helper for my parents. Thinking I should just the vinyl business and leave it to the professionals on here.

Why not get your 90-year-old grandmother to learn Signblazer?

We're not "professionals"  (well, I'm not) ---  we are just jokers who claim to know what we're doing!!!!!

• Like 2

Why not get your 90-year-old grandmother to learn Signblazer?

We're not "professionals"  (well, I'm not) ---  we are just jokers who claim to know what we're doing!!!!!

Weeding is the new Bingo

Wish I was one of them professionals making stacks of cash and vacationing in the Bahamas. Truth is most of us do this cause we love doing it and it actually can help take your mind off the other stresses that arise in life. Kinda like vinyl therapy. If my advice helps anyone don't be afraid to send your blank checks to Jay's Place ...... Just need to put things in perspective and decide what's best for you.

Jay

I have been feeling less than enthousastic for a couple of weeks - it will pass   - just like gas :ph34r: 

I just looked at your profile and hell we're the same age. Plenty of time to burn out when we're older. Just keep the faith and all will work out. Always does in the end.

Jay

Brilliant minds think alike. We're old enough to know better but young enough to still do it anyways. The perfect age.

Jay

You got a hobby? I realized a long time ago by watching my Dad that it is very important to have an activity to look forward to. He worked long hours as a mechanic and spent his weekends traveling around the state to sell guns at gun shows. Burned him out! after a decade of that I think he finally snapped and dropped the gun business and started competition shooting for fun. Made a huge difference in his personality. 

• Like 1

Jay actually i would do it 3 times if the second didnt kill me lol

Slice, Gene Simmons would put his name or Kiss's name all over my stuff and sell it lol. But he wouldn't stop.

Ted I have many hobbies however the fumes from the enemal paint gets to me and I can't find the good modeling glue. I also play games mostly call of duty however they tick me off fast and I swear a lot and loudly while playing them.

• Like 1

First of all Kissfan & Jay you both are young whipper snappers. If you were as old as I am and had all the medical problems I have had, then I could see why you would be worn out. Wish I had a 90 year young grand mother to go see and take care of .  Wish I still had both parents around to go see and take care of also.  Well I never got to see either grand parents on either side of my Mom and Dads sides.I was a late blommer born 63 years ago in 1949. Getting down and out will come many times in your young lives ,it just happens that way . Thats life as we all grow older and try learning different things some work and some don't and thats when we feel its all over with. Well its not its just another day in our lives we go through,we think its the end and want to quit . Then we say

well I got to make this shirt for so & so or I got to cut this or that ,and guess what after all the giving up I just shake my head and go and do what I gave up on if I can still remember what I was suppose to have done that got me feeling in the blues. I hope you get to feeling better  Kissfan  but never give up and think things are not as bad as someones else's.

Whipper snappers huh. I like the sound of that and take it as a compliment. I respect my elders because every day I am one step closer to being one. Time never goes backwards for any of us so we must move forward with it. Well said sir, well said.

Jay

I have no disrespect for my parents or my grandmother I love them dearly I drop whatever I'm doing for them always will. Problem is I have a brother who lives 25 min away if that and he doesn't come and give me a break. Luckily I had some me time tonight parents decided to rest tonight so I watched counting cars and American restoration. Thinking tomorrow will be my day to press shirts and dab a little more in artwork. Maybe even finish the long awaited sandblasting cabinet. I want to thank everyone for lending an ear and helping me through this day.

Just drop donations in a jar and send to me and I promise to distribute it evenly amongst us. Not. Just keep your head up and plow through and before you know you'll actually get time to accomplish something.

Jay

ac·com·plish  

/əˈkämpliSH/

Verb

Achieve or complete successfully.

Synonyms

achieve - fulfil - perform - execute - fulfill

Doesn't happen often lately. Seems like everybody changes their mind 10 times before I actually get to finish something.

trying to get motivated to CUT a lot of vinyl for a sale and daughter just dropped off a major distraction - wound tight and I don't dare go to the basement to cut vinyl until DW gets home!

post-2742-0-12905200-1366825192_thumb.jp