Sign in to follow this  
hated paint

Pcut freezes up still

I posted a while back with problems with my pcut I checked all the cables and had no luck I installed a new motherboard and it started working perfectly I had the pen in to test worked Perfect I put the knife in and it cut perfect,,,,, for about 15 small projects and then the knife cut two lines across the work and froze exactly what happened before Im at a loss any help would be greatly app. thanks

Do not have the screen saver running and try and reset the cutter after a good cut. Maybe that will help. Reset has helped us in the past.

I have no screen saver and now I cant get it to make a good cut

Is it not cutting good from just the software, or is the test cut on the cutter itself just as bad?

I have no stand I have it on a small wooden table in a climate controled room that maintains a temp of 65 to 70 degrees F with carpet on the floor it makes the test cut fine and from the software if i just spell out TEST CUT it will cut it fine but anything much bigger than that it wont cut it It will start the cut and then at a very random place it will suddenly cut two iratic lines across the work and freeze up then it wont do anything I will reset it and try to make the same cut it will start cutting and do the same thing again only it wont be at the same place might cut 4 letters might cut 10 but wont finish at a loss

Do you have the option of trying a different computer? A few customers have run into this issue, and for the life of me, I cannot recreate it here on my systems, so it makes it really difficult to troubleshoot. Maybe try downloading the FTDI USB to Serial drivers from our support site, and updating the driver for your USB connection with those. Then try to cut again.