Sign in to follow this  
Monkey

Avery

I would like to see you start to carry Avery as well for material. Some colors either dont match up in oracal or just arent offered by them. I hate when I have to order elsewhere. I try to always order from USCutter because the customer service has been excellent in every dealing Ive had. Kind of an OCD thing I guess lol. I find somewhere I like I go there till I cant anymore.

I went the other way on this. My local supplier used to be Proveer and they carried avery and oracal so I tried to stay with them for everything but last summer Grimco bought them out and they don't carry oracal so I made the switch to uscutter for most of my stuff. I still order coroplast, Max-Metal and the like from Grimco because uscutter can't carry those and be able to ship them. And I guess Iguana green as well.

Jay

They sell a lot of Avery on that site as well. So they are the new owners? Laird

We've got a bbq  place about a mile from the store named Laird's so everytime someone mention that I get hungry.

MMM BBQ. Too bad they're only open Thur-Sat.

Yep.  This is what you get for a receipt..  Maybe they will add more vinyl brand options..

Payment To Laird Plastics, Inc. dba UsCutter

Averyvinyl.com is owned by laird plastics so I don't see why they wouldn't add the product line to uscutter unless there are contract issues. When Grimco bought out my supplier, proveer they had expected to inherit the rights to distribute oracal but according to my sales rep oracal squashed that for some reason.

Jay

Yeah sucks. Just placed my orders and had to give a big chunk of money to another place when I could have just ordered it all here.

That's why I backed away from Avery, not because it's bad (although if you do a search they have had so problems in the past) but I like to deal with 1 company as much as possible to keep things simple.

Jay

I just did a car tag with it last night and realized I'm almost out so I need to order some. My local supplier just likes to jack the prices way too much. Used to pay less for avery than oracal now pay $10 or so more for avery. Come on Uscutter hear us on this. We want to give you money and all you need to do is carry Avery. Lining up at the gates to hand over our cash just hook us up.

I'm so spoiled from US Cutter's "We'll ship anything anywhere for only $9" pricing that it makes me physically ill when I try to shop from other vendors.  I think I've gone to BestBlanks site at least 5x, put a few items in my cart and made it as far as the checkout before shouting at my screen "There is NO F'ing WAY I'm going to pay you $20 for the cheapest shipping option for a 2-3 lb $40 order!!!" and cancelled my order.  It's not like I was ordering something over sized or that would otherwise require extra postage, some places just charge entirely too much for S&H and now that I'm spoiled, I can't justify paying that much.

I just wished I lived closer to a sign supply shop, but nearest one is 90+ miles away, so any money I might have saved in shipping I'll definitely lose in gas...

Anyone know where I can get some PVC sign blanks (not Coroplast, but solid plastic) in 8"x12" and/or 12"x18" that won't try and screw me on shipping?

Grimco ships my vinyl and app tape for free and anything in the local warehouse is delivered by driver for small fuel surcharge but anything from the other warehouses that comes UPS needs to include a jar of Vaseline to help ease the shipping pains. Also on the naughty list is Laser Reproductions for both expensive and slow shipping.