Monkey

Color Comparison

Was curious if anyone can tell me if the Oracal 651 "Lime-Tree Green" matches the Greenstar "Lime Tree Green". Its become a popular color for some of my return work and I need to order some more. As Im using up all the Greenstar I have (came in my package deal), I am switching to Oracal. I just want to make sure it matches and the computer swatch isnt a good representation to answer that question.

No, the Oracal is more like a yellow green. The closest I've seen is in Avery Iguana green. The oracal doesn't have that visual pop.

Jay

I've got a dilemma as I'm trying to stay with 1 main supplier uscutter since my local supplier was bought out last year and raped, sorry I mean increased my prices 30%-100% on supplies. May have to break down and get the avery from grimco such to have that color. I messed with the greenstar last fall just to see and I've got a few rolls here and the only thing I'll use them for is wedding isle runners since they throw them out after 1 use. 

Jay

This Oracal color guide is the best $10 you'll ever spend if you care about accurate color matching.  There is a similar book for GreenStar that costs $1.  Siser also makes a similar book for their Heat Press Vinyl products that is only $5.   The first two books have small swatches of each color on clear plastic strips so you can slide a photo or something behind it and see how the color will look in "real world" conditions.  The heat press samples are adhered to the book itself, but the swatches are larger (about the size of a quarter)

I'm finding that the color boxes on the US Cutter website are often times way different than the actual, physical vinyl colors.  I know that a lot of that is because a backlit RGB color spot color never comes close to real world, but some times it's not even close - at least to my eyes on my monitor.

Agreed - the Oracal green doesn't have that same neon/fluorescence that the GreenStar does.  That's probably the only time I'll ever be able to say anything nice about GreenStar vs. Oracal.  ;D

You and me both although it does work good as a lint remover for t-shirts. :rolleyes:

yeah i wish oracal lime tree green was more of a neon color then what it actually is but the product itself is great.

LoL yeah thats why im switching. Everything I buy now is Oracal or Avery if Oracal doesnt have the color....like OD Green. I have the Greenstar swatch book thing (came with my package in beginning), I thought about buying the Oracal and now I think OWJ sold me on it lol. Probably the siser as well. Trying to put an order together now, sucks that green doesnt match, now Ill have to find an avery supplier...cant remember who I got it through last time. Wish USCutter carried Avery as well....their shipping to me is crazy fast. Next day every time.

Do you have a business license? If so check out Grimco. Altough pricing kills me sometimes they do have numerous warehouse and usually get next day. I'm actually on a delivery route from when I was a Proveer customer so if it's in Summerville it'll come on the truck the next morning. Also at least in my case they don't charge UPS to ship vinyl or app tape which helps keep the price down some. I wish I knew you were putting an order together as I just sent mine this morning and maybe couldda snuck in your cart and saved me $300. Ol buddy Ol pal of mine.

If you pay for it for me I could afford to pick it up. :rolleyes:  Just messin' with ya but it seems like I've been ordering 2 to 3 times a week lately. As soon as I finish my order somebody will come in and order a bunch of something I'm low on. Guess I shouldn't complain about that though, it's better than starving.

This Oracal color guide is the best $10 you'll ever spend if you care about accurate color matching. 

If you sign up online at Oracal.com they will send you this for free along with some small (8-1/2 x 11) product samples.

• Like 1

I did awhile back, got like 4 samples but no color guide. Emailed about one and never got response.

I had to scan in the 651 section and email to 1 of my clients. Colors seemed real close. If you want pm me your email and I'll send you a copy.

Jay

• Like 1

done. Thanks, it will help me figure out my order that the book will be in lol

Here's the Oracal Lime Tree Green overlaying the GreenStar Lime Green, from their respective color guides:

post-24492-0-60788400-1366739740_thumb.j

yeah just not gonna cut it. Gonna contact avery about a color guide from them as well

Iguana green will do you for the lime tree greenstar color. Can't hardly tell them apart.

Jay

P.S. check your email in about 5 minutes for what your looking for.

Thanks Jay I never knew about that. Snagged it for the wall over my desk.

Jay

From what I know these are approximate matches. A couple I know are a shade or 2 off just in case somebody needs an exact match.

Jay

Yeah thanks, I copied them as well. Really good reference.

Definitely cool find and I will be laminating this in the morning. Just need to find more wall space above my desk to put this.

Jay