Sign in to follow this  
1203 Designs

Setup and Offline lights both on, still cuts, but acts wierd

I have an MH-871, and I have been using it for about 3 years now.  It has been used 4-7 days a week since I got it, and it was almost 2 years old then.  I use the hell out of this cutter lol

I have seen so many weird quirks, and issues that it isn't even funny, but the thing keeps right on ticking.  It is like that old Toyota pickup...it's old, beat up, abused, and made by children somewhere in Asia, but you just can't kill it lol.

Anyway, my issue is this:  Used it yesterday, no problems.  Turn it on this morning, and the Setup and Offline/Pause lights are on.  I hit each button, and the lights don't change, but the LCD reflects the key presses.  I would disregard, but now, when I go into "Offline/Pause" mode to feed vinyl, no matter which arrow I push, it only feeds out, not back in.

Tried turning off, and back on, tried disconnecting and reconnecting it, and nothing changed.

And just so we can get it out of the way:  Yes, it is grounded properly, yes it was turned off and back on, yes it is connected through serial, it also has an almost brand new motherboard, and z-axis chip, along with an almost new carriage motor/assembly.  I could probably rebuild one of these things with my eyes closed, and one hand behind my back, but this one has me stumped.

Any ideas?

If I remember correctly that is what it does when one of the red buttons is pressed or a micro switch under the back the carriage hits is out of adjustment

• Like 1