prettybird

Qe60 cutter turns on but doesn't do anything

I would follow skeeters factory reset instrucitons she has posted several times and then try reseating all the cables on boards I could find - the qe-60 series uses a proprietary chipset and a normal graphtec driver and programs will NOT work with it - tried on the few I have had over the years.  I used to buy and resell units after I refurbed and adjusted them and the vinyl express cutters are locked down into signwarehouses drivers.  the factory reset though should be the same and they cut just as good as the graphtecs.  the other big difference in them was very few were shipped with ARMS for contour cutting and the new mainboard and carriage to convert it for ARMS was cost prohibitive

On 4/20/2013 at 11:28 PM, mb20music said:

You can try resetting the unit, if you haven't already.

Turn power off, hold down the "up" arrow button (^) and turn the power on while holding the button.

Does that even look like a language though? I’m worried that it is jumbled because it is dying or something. I’ve reset a few times. 

that is why I suggested after the reset to try re seating cables on the boards inside - it looks like garbled data

I set it to HL metric English and then pushed enter, it said initializing ended and to turn it off. Turned it back on and now it says v2.00SWA HL ▶️▶️▶️▶️

kind of curious as to what kind of conditions this was stored in all those years?

This has to be close because I’m sending the job to the plotter and it says cutting in the job status on the program, the plotter flashes the green light, but then it says write port error. 

I’m sorry I’m so needy but it’s been a while and I’m determined to get this going. Thanks again 

I do have vinyl loaded and it was stored properly. I cleaned the interior with a paint brush carefully but diligently. 

So which cutting software do you have set up to run the cutter with?   Your going to have to reset the cutter up with the cutting software.   Download drivers, everything. 

good thing you have the drivers - they are getting harder to locate for the older plotter

I tried every driver out there when I was working on this model and that chipset makes it very specific - they locked it down good

Yes I have it all, I purschased it new. I’ve kept this darn key in bubble wrap

no matter what port I choose, the led light will blink as it’s processing but still stays stuck on the v2.00swa. HL. Then write port error. 

VeLXI Master plus is the software. 

22 minutes ago, Sathy1111 said:

Yes I have it all, I purschased it new. I’ve kept this darn key in bubble wrap

no matter what port I choose, the led light will blink as it’s processing but still stays stuck on the v2.00swa. HL. Then write port error. 

VeLXI Master plus is the software. 

I think you just gave a critical clue - the "key" has to have a separate "sentinel" driver to work. otherwise the software can't get authorization from that key

https://techsupport.signwarehouse.com/choose-your-security-key/

I’m not sure what you mean. This sentinel key came with everything and I was given the security code... so I’m actually installing this older drive back on my older computer with the original key...

Sign warehouse told me this key is not replaceable...when I start the program on my computer it has to initialize this the key and it does, the key lights up. So the key lights up just fine after authorizing with the program and my security code...

click the link in my last post - identify which sentinal key your software uses and install the driver from that link - the light should turn green afterwards

I got that but I’m installing the original program from the original disc..I’m not even online with this computer right now. 

I gave the link for the driver - at this point I feel you can lead a horse to water, - you know the rest

Ok so I’m downloading the software because skeet said I have to connect the software with the plotter. I’m so tired and I’m chugging coffee. I’m smart but tonight feel so brain dead.