Sign in to follow this  
petroman2012

Question Please

Included you will see 2 new vector images I just finished cleaning ...I plan to cut them at oh 24 wide and 28-36 long...Will be Exihib. Black vinyl for wall art...Took me 1hr each from photos taken to vector that you see...Now..What would you price them :huh:

post-36467-0-02349600-1366252251_thumb.j

post-36467-0-29930400-1366252261_thumb.j

I only ask as the business next to our shop "asked" How Much if I photo,clean,vectorize,and cut these images on the scale of 24in wide and 28-36in long for inside wall art...I have a figure but I want to be fair..No text, no words, no sign config just wants in office/show room...Thats all...

L+H/2= price that's the one I have seen around when pricing questions arise. Then add more for your time if you think it's not enough.

Oh I missed the vector and clean up, up here in the sticks the "shops" get $65 on top of the cost for artwork. Hope it helps some

I have been giving them away with what I have charged..I do the graphics,clean and vector them for free, duhh.....charged 25 for a 24 x 24 most of what I have sold..guess I need to re-think this...Thank you...

That price is around what I charge for something real basic, say text and a basic logo. I'm lower than most on here and would be $40 - $50 if this were ordered custom. Anyone can say what they'd charge but if they all make what they're saying they make I would be honored to have a financial investor. B)  In the end you and only you can decide on a price. If you're really that unsure start high and work your way down til they start selling. For me I'll raise my prices when I have more work than time.

Jay

If these are one-off decals that you did custom just for them, then you definitely need to recoup your invested time at a fair per hour wage.

If these are something you plan to make multiple copies of and they just happen to want one copy for their walls, then you can pro-rate your invested time over however many copies you think you'll sell.

The (L+H)/2 is a good rule of thumb for basing your prices around, but it isn't the final answer.  It assumes you're using basic vinyl, basic application tape, and no custom work or detailed weeding.

These look like the weeding must have taken you a while - you need to recoup that time whether they were custom or not.

Since you're using Oracal 631 (or equivalent), you'll want to use Oracal HT55 app tape (is there an equivalent?) which is twice the cost of similarly sized regular app tape, so you need to charge a little more for that, too.

$25 is very low for a wall decal of these dimensions, especially with this much detail.  However, if you explain to them that you're just getting started and you are willing to sell for less until you're more established and they know that 6 monts from now when they come back for a similar decal it's going to cost them more, you should be OK.  Just make sure they don't tell everyone who walks through their door "Hey, did you see this fantastic wall art I got for only $25 each from that guy next door?"

Time to jack things up a hair..I havent given a figure as luckly the pay-master wont be in till Monday and then I can present my bill....