BrianMaruska

SignCut Pro - Jogging Question

Tried to search but couldn't find much of anything that was relevant..

I am currently cutting out 20,000 stickers for a client of mine.. Numbers 1-0 1/2" tall.

Cutting a sheet of 1's, 2's, etc at a time it is taking about 2 hours per sheet or number.

The problem is that my cutting point is jumping from number to number and the jogging back and forth is what's racking up the "miles" and added time.

All the numbers are perfectly straight both horizontally and vertically (or x and y axis).

Any ideas? I have tried it with both Step by Step cutting on and off.

Ideas?

I don't know about SignCut, but in SignBlazer there is an option to minimize X or Y movement. Sounds like you need to turn on the minimize X movement option. Don't know if SignCut has anything like that but you might look around through the menus and see what you can find. Another thing SignBlazer can do is duplicate tiles, so you'd have one number on a tile and tell it to duplicate the tile x number of times. There is also an option to fully cut the tile before moving on to the next. Might also try looking for something like that in SignCut.

Try changing the sort direction inside the advance blade after you press the scissor icon to cut. I had mine set to length before, so the machine would unwind a lot of vinyl before moving to the next column of graphics arranged along the width. Also you can check to make sure the step by step is either turned off or set to a large enough window to accommodate what ever you are cutting out.

In other words if your graphic is 12 inches long make sure the step by step is around 13 inches.

But I'm new to this so take my advance cautiously. :D